whats kind of driveshaft do you have?

bonds94

Established Member
i was wondring what your opinion was ont the FORD RACING driveshaf because i just purshaced one today and i wanted to know if anyone has this same product, and what do they think about it

(it's going on my 94 cobra :banana: )

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I have one on my 94'. This is the most common one. Most people use it. Some people that make MASSIVE hp and are hardcore enough usually opt for some carbon fiber pieces that are about a grand.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
It'll cure any high speed vibration problems you have. Typically they do. I got mine back in the day when they were only about a hundred and fifty bucks...

I agree, just about everyone has an FRPP D/S....

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I just put a FRPP aluminum driveshaft in my car last week due to unusual problems I was experiencing (see: here).

It resolved all the issues I was having, as well as a highspeed vibration I had. Worth the money, although I wish I had bought it before they raised the price of them last year.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
I had my stock DS dynamically balanced to 8,000rpm and strong ass spicer ujoints put in. Car is smooth as hell and was only 130 to have done

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
custom made alum d/s. i had it made because of the ttc 3550 trans. about 350 bucks.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
Some people that make MASSIVE hp and are hardcore enough usually opt for some carbon fiber pieces that are about a grand.

horsepower doesn't break stuff in the driveline.

I'm using the stocker :) although, i might switch to an aluminum one just to get rid of some noise.

NickF1011

Established Member
Should be getting my car back today with the new FRPP aluminum shaft installed. They raised the price? I bought mine about a month ago and it was still only around $150. :thumbsup:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
FRPP aluminum here also, (with the tremec 3550 and the Steeda spacer.)

i know, they came out with that about 5 yrs to late for me, so i got gouged in the poo poo for a custom one.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
bbp42d said:
i know, they came out with that about 5 yrs to late for me, so i got gouged in the poo poo for a custom one.
Figured that, I still have a slight pinion angle problem which is giving some noise from the output shaft bearing which the spacer was supposed to cure.

helluvasnake

Established Member
NickF1011 said:
Should be getting my car back today with the new FRPP aluminum shaft installed. They raised the price? I bought mine about a month ago and it was still only around $150. :thumbsup:
Where did you get an aluminum D/S for $150? Needin one for my stang! :pepper:

NickF1011

Established Member
helluvasnake said:
Where did you get an aluminum D/S for $150? Needin one for my stang! :pepper:

Hmm...I believe it was Dallas Mustang...was one of the companies with ads in MM&FF. They had a sale going. Of course, that didn't include shipping.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
A year or so ago you could buy them for $169 all day long.
Then with the economy and fuel prices, aluminum went way up.
Now they are in the $230-260 range from what I've seen. This was a few months ago last time I looked.
If you got it recently for $150 good deal. If they are still that low everybody buy an extra one. LOL

edited to clarify.

Last edited:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
Figured that, I still have a slight pinion angle problem which is giving some noise from the output shaft bearing which the spacer was supposed to cure.

check you transmission mount. Mine was worn as hell. fixed it, and helped some. however, i'm also running -4deg pinion angle for drag racing.

Users who are viewing this thread