Whats it worth?

topless03svt

Z06 HUNTER
Established Member
Got an oxford white 03 convertible. 87,000 miles. Heads were both just completely redone. No issues or problems at all. No check engine lights or leaks. Top lowers and raises flawlessly. No scratches or dents on body at all. Paint in very good condition. Minimal rock chips on lower front bumper. Interior is spotless. Car has had seat covers since new. All seats look like showroom condition.

mods:
H&R race springs
BBK catted x pipe
Gen 2 head cooling mod
JLT CAI
Brand new 18x9 18x10 FR 500 black/polished
Brand new Nitto NT01 295 out back, Nitto 555 /275 up front

I'm getting ready to post it for sale and want a good fair price at what I should list it for. I know what blue book is but really was wondering what these cars are actually selling for.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Well, I have been trying (not very hard) to sell my TR 04 cobra that has ~90k miles on it. It is in very good shape and in nearly stock and never raced or abused.

-Motoblue air box and alum intake tube
-superchips programmer
-new pro-motion clutch at 88k miles
-flywheel rebuilt by McCloud
-steel input shaft tube replaced
-clutch quadrant and firewall adj installed
-LPW rear diff cover installed w/ MM poly bushings. w/Amsoil lube
-12mm subrame bolts upgraded with 9/16" grade 8
-Nose & hood were just repainted by local ford dealer to correct a few chips/scratches
-recently replaced the tires with good BF-Goodrich CompTA tires

Anyway, I have had it listed on CL for $18,500. I have gotten a lot of call on it and three offers. $14,500, $15,000 and $17,000. I almost jumped on the last offer for $17, but I really don't NEED to sell it. I countered w/ $17,750 and the guy irritated and didn't call back. ....whatever.

Your vert may sell for more. My experience is that verts are a bit of a toss-up. They can be worth more, but a lot of folks don't want a vert. I (for example) leave my car in airport parking a lot and would not want the increased risk of a ragtop.

Good luck with the sale. I am interested in seeing how it goes for you. FWIW, I think CL is full of bottom feeders looking for deals. Top dollar would probably be better found on ebay or the auto-trader.

topless03svt

Z06 HUNTER
Established Member
I agree on your Craigslist comment. While I have bought and sold many vehicles on there, It seems that if you get 10 responses, 5 will be ridiculous trade offers, 4 will be low ball offers way below asking, and 1 might be a reasonable offer. Then whether or not he will actually show up is anyones guess.

nol300

Established Member
It's a 14-16k car tops especially with those miles as there are plenty that can be bought with under 30k for 18-22k.

18,500 for a 100k mile Cobra sorry but no way.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Theres a zinc yellow in my area on craigslist for 15,000. Has 70,000 miles on it.
Thats a pretty good deal imo.

Thought about jumping on it, but in the end I wouldnt be happy with another zinc. Good for someone who wants to jump into a terminator without paying top dollar.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
18,500 for a 100k mile Cobra sorry but no way.

Hey I admit 18,500 is on the high end, but I have seen a 60k mile cabra with a rebuilt title sell recently for 16k. Shoot, there was even an 01 fobra on here recently that was for sale in the 16-17k range.

Also I am not that impressed with 30k mile cobras that have had the snot run out of them at the track. Many with a basket case full of shade-tree, mismatched mods.

I would rather have a higher mileage car that has been well cared for, than a car that has spent most its life sitting.

And if you can show me a 30k mile cobra for $18k that has not been bastardized, I would be impressed!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Hey I admit 18,500 is on the high end, but I have seen a 60k mile cabra with a rebuilt title sell recently for 16k. Shoot, there was even an 01 fobra on here recently that was for sale in the 16-17k range.

Also I am not that impressed with 30k mile cobras that have had the snot run out of them at the track. Many with a basket case full of shade-tree, mismatched mods.

I would rather have a higher mileage car that has been well cared for, than a car that has spent most its life sitting.

And if you can show me a 30k mile cobra for $18k that has not been bastardized, I would be impressed!

I agree but most people don't know what to look for when they are looking to see if a car has been beat to shit. So they will tell you that "well this car is less miles and the same price as yours". It's like everyone always says over and over. It's worth what someone will pay. You get someone interested then sell them on why its worth what you're asking.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Yup. Lots of other things to consider other than just miles.

A car that has been garage kept for most of its life will tend to look much better than one that has been exposed to the elements.

A professionally installed blower sure is nice, but a poorly executed hack-job could be never-ending knightmare.

Electrical stuff is a pet peeve of mine. I would much rather see a stock factory radio/CD player and no extra bells & whistles. Those are a warning flag for electrical issues that may be hard to sort out.

Any sign of cig smoke would eliminate almost any car from consideration.

Lets face it, color is also a factor. I think most sellable colors are: Red, blue, black, silver. The CO cars may be popular here, but can be a turn off for some buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread