whats it worth?

03CobraJet

Established Member
I have been considering selling my car so I was just wondering what you guys think its worth. KBB say 12,600. I don't need an exact number I was just curious. The mods are in my sig, the interior is in great shape as well as the body (normal driving chips in front). It has been maintained very well. It has 14,500 miles on it. Thanks:beer:

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
I would say more than $12,600. at least $15-16K. maybe im being a little lowballing-ish. But low miles and than all the mods someone doesn't have to do.

Don't listen to KBB. use NADA. you get better resale values there. alot of finanace companies use NADA as well.

03CobraJet

Established Member
I had told some people locally that were interested in it that I was asking 16,500 I just did not want to price it to low or to high. So you think this is reasonable.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I had told some people locally that were interested in it that I was asking 16,500 I just did not want to price it to low or to high. So you think this is reasonable.

Go to the reg. and you'll get a better idea than on here....given your mileage for an 03, I'd say $16.5 is a reasonable asking price. You may be sitting on that for a while, but it's really a matter of how bad you wanna sell, which doesnt' seem like you need to. I'd keep it there.

By comparison, I wouldn't be surprised if you had to lower it $1g in order to sell it 'relatively' quick (as in within the next 30-45 days).

Nothing against your tastes, but it's not too desired to have 'no stripes' on the hood. Some people like it, but it's not 'common'. You might want to keep that in mind if you get to the point of 'needing' to sell it.

Good luck.......BTW - why are you selling it?.....If you do, then mach1chick will have the best looking car out of all of you. LOL:beer:

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
Dont sell it cause you gotta good 3-4 grand worth of shit in it as of now. Ya man get on M1R and you'll get someone on there that will give you way better info and possibly an offer

Last edited:

03CobraJet

Established Member
Nothing against your tastes, but it's not too desired to have 'no stripes' on the hood. Some people like it, but it's not 'common'. You might want to keep that in mind if you get to the point of 'needing' to sell it.

Good luck.......BTW - why are you selling it?.....If you do, then mach1chick will have the best looking car out of all of you. LOL:beer:

I agree with you 100% on the stripes as far as resale value and i am sure it will be one of the reasons for negotiating price. When I bought the car I just though it would look cool with out them.

I have been considering selling it because I would like to start saving some money and investing some of it. The car just cost me a lot of money and I really don't make that much.

But on another note i am not positive if I am going to sell it or not it just depends on what I could get for it I guess.:shrug:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I still look at mach prices and $15k would be a good ballpark. You might find that right buyer that loves the "no hood" stripes, you never know, that could make the sale. Good luck.

stang1101

Established Member
I would put it up for 16.5 OBO and not take a dime less then 16. Shoot I still see some low mileage 97/98 cobras going for 13-14.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I would put it up for 16.5 OBO and not take a dime less then 16. Shoot I still see some low mileage 97/98 cobras going for 13-14.
97-98s for that?...HOLY SHIT that's overpriced. That's not a good basis. I can go get one for $7500 right now...less than 100k miles on it, lightly modded too.

Don't sell it!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree.:beer:

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
do you have all the stuff to put it back close to stock? like the suspension stuff and all that? you might make more in the long run if you trade ppl some of your stuff for their stock ones like lca, shocks and struts all that good stuff. then you could still prolly sell it for 16k. thats what i would do unless you need to sell fast. but i agree DONT SELL IT!!

03CobraJet

Established Member
do you have all the stuff to put it back close to stock? like the suspension stuff and all that? you might make more in the long run if you trade ppl some of your stuff for their stock ones like lca, shocks and struts all that good stuff. then you could still prolly sell it for 16k. thats what i would do unless you need to sell fast. but i agree DONT SELL IT!!

I do have all the stock stuff except for the springs, but there is no way that I want to take off the headers and put the manifolds back on. It is just one big pain in the neck.

Users who are viewing this thread