What's it worth need advice.

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
Found a bab 98 cobra it hit the rear of a lifted Chevy truck. It bent the radiator support and driver fender and hood blew the bags but didnt get reported to ins. The current owner put a new radiator support in and driver fender off a donar bab car. And a sn95 primer gt hood. He also put new bags in it off a 97 cobra. The car needs paint all over and a few dings fixed. What would you pay the way it sits? I want to buy it cheap and have money to paint it and still do okay on it. It has 115k miles clean black leather and drives runs great.

mnewxcv

Established Member
a car that old involved in an accident that bad will likely have rattles youll never get rid of and electrical gremlins that will drive you crazy.

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
Really the truck had a hitch it hit the upper radiator support but it had to be replaced. The fender got wrinkled but now it's fixed. Really all cosmetic. But I guess it could be a gremlin

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Since everyone here has had salvage title cars, built wrecks and theft recovery cars listen to them.

^^That is a joke BTW,

Dude, to be honest, a good complete BAB paint job will be 2500-3K minimum.

If you gave 4 for it you'd be in for 7.
7 is not bad for a clean BAB with fresh paint.
Clean title will make a difference.

How clean is the rest of it?
What are they asking for it?

I've had and built many wrecks. Rattles? lol I think my 96 rattled less after.

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
^the interior is clean it runs great drives great has good tires. It has been fixed pretty good. He used a donor bab driver fender to replace the wrecked one the radiator support was bought new and he welded it in pretty good. I guess the orginaly cobra hood got cracked so it sports a sn95 gt primer hood for now. He had newer air bags in it. Just to explain this was a lifted 4x4 it had a ball hitch high enough it got the hood and upper radiator support but didnt touch the front clip/ bumper at all. The car really just needs paint and maybe a dent or two fixed. He said he would start the negotiation at 4500$ obo. It has clean title FYI

Last edited:

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I agree with stampede....try to get him down to 3500 if you can, even 3750 and get that sucker painted!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Geeze that still seems like a lot. I only paid $500 more than that for my cobra 4 years ago with less miles. How much does BAB paint cost?

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
Bab 2500-3000$ is the norm for paint and slight repair. This car has potential just got to get it for the right price. Guys I've looked for clean cobras cheaper than 5k$ no luck

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
I mean the car needs tlc but with paint and a few dings worked over the car would be nice I think. I hate that it's been hit but a clean non wrecked bab is going to cost me 8-10k. I mean typically what do this car sell for clean turn key no work needed 7-9k.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Increase your look radius. Find one not damaged for 6-7K versus buying one for 2-3k and putting another 4k into it and still possibly having issues.

Users who are viewing this thread