What's it worth...1996 Cobra Sean Hyland, S/C

mstngcobra46

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm not new to the boards, just do a lot more reading than I do posting. I've been searching for an SN95 Cobra and I think I may have found the one. Before I seal the deal I just wanted to see if anyone knows about this particular car and what y'all think it's worth. It's a '96 cobra with 80k miles on the body and around 30k on the motor, located in San Antonio, TX. Without getting too in depth it has a Sean Hyland motor, Vortech V-2, suspension, Moser 31 spline axles, Tremec T56, full exhaust, new interior, etc. Tuned on 93 and put down 462 to the rear wheels @ 9 PSI. I was told the motor was built for 800hp. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Doug

photo-2.gif

5Ia5Ec5J93Kd3G43o7c81dc5bd05c6b9c1a83.gif

securedownload-5.gif

Last edited:

redrocket16

Established Member
I live near and have seen the ad. Don't want to go into much detail on here nor do I know anything at all about this car. If you need a shop recommendation I would highly suggest ask the owner to take it to Maximum Velocity and have them check it out. Tracy has a sweet SB termi and they use Lund to tune their stuff.

mstngcobra46

Established Member
I spoke with them today...thanks for the recommendation. I had everything lined up, but the owner refused the compression test. May still be a good deal for someone.

Last edited:

redrocket16

Established Member
I spoke with them today...thanks for the recommendation. I had everything lined up, but the owner refused the compression test. May still be a good deal for someone.

Something fishy about the owner wanting to do the compression test.. Sounds like he knows something is wrong with it.

16yroldcobraboy

Established Member
462rwhp on 9psi sure sounds like stock motor output lol, mine made 6rwhp less then that on 9 lbs also.. and if he doesnt wanna do a compression check, tell him to take a couple thousand off the price so u can rebuild it

mystical

Established Member
462rwhp on 9psi sure sounds like stock motor output lol, mine made 6rwhp less then that on 9 lbs also.. and if he doesnt wanna do a compression check, tell him to take a couple thousand off the price so u can rebuild it

Seems healthy to me. Just because the motor is built doesn't mean it will make more power then stock on the same amount of boost, especially if compression was lowered. Also, I wouldn't want anyone messing with my car if it was for sale unless a significant deposit was made.

OP, good luck with the search!

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
Seems healthy to me. Just because the motor is built doesn't mean it will make more power then stock on the same amount of boost, especially if compression was lowered. Also, I wouldn't want anyone messing with my car if it was for sale unless a significant deposit was made.

OP, good luck with the search!

Im on the same page. Make a deal with some terms, give a deposit that says as long as the car checks out to there standers, you will buy it. Or stop kicking his tires.

Users who are viewing this thread