What's it REALLY worth?

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Hey folks. Want some honest opinions on what my son's '04 DSG Lightning is worth. He is considering something that would be less insurance and better gas mileage. Here's the info on it:

Family-owned since new (1 documented owner...me)
Entire life spent in N. Dallas suburbs
Accident-free
54k miles
complete, detailed maintenance history
No dents/dings
Some scuffing on bottom of front bumper cover, and a few normal nicks/scratches from daily driving
Tastefully modded, but nothing outrageous:

-FRPP/Roush Racing suspension for Lightnings (discontinued... I installed this with less than 1k miles on the truck)... springs, shocks... this is ~ 2/3 drop
-TA diff cover
-Kooks coated long tube headers
-stainless steel 3" X-pipe with one-chamber Magnaflow muffler...4" stainless tips
-4# lower, stock upper (never been changed)
-JLP CAI
-Accufab TB
-C&L plenum
-Oil seperator
-JDM tune
-Nitto NT05 tires (50% life left on all 4... rotated frequently)
-Electric fan
-LFP HX
-Factory Tech VB
-Bedrug
-Extang soft tonneau
-Aftermarket Kenwood CD/MP3/Ipod compatible headunit, aftermarket amp/sub
-Very clean interior... my son and I are both 150lbs... no typical driver's seat wear
-no rash on stock '04 wheels
-recently replaced items: NGK plugs, battery, intercooler pump (OEM one was going out)

I know the mods do not increase the value of the truck. I just listed them b/c I would certainly put that in an advertisement.

So, just give me honest opinions on what the real-life value is. I'm not looking to try and rip somebody off, and I am not looking to trade it in tomorrow.

TIA

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I traded my 04 in summer of 12, very similar truck it sounds like and the dealer gave me 16.2 for it

Myth03

Established Member
I would be interested today. Motivated buyer and I live in Dallas.

Let me know.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
No, we have not sold it. He is purchasing another car, and once he takes possession of it, we will be putting the truck up for sale.

Wave100205

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I bought my 04 DSG L with 70k miles in sept 2011 and paid 18.5, but mine had dual walbros, a KB 2.3, dyno tune, etc. If the paint is in good condition and no other problems exist I'd say 16.5-18k. Just depends on how well you advertise it and how long you're willing to hold out.

Users who are viewing this thread