Whats it gonna take for me to beat a modded STI?

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
So there is a guy that i work with with a STI with cat-less 3" up pipe and down pipe and a cat-back. he claims hes run high 12's at Sac raceway. well anyways he was talkin some shit after he found out what i drive and that i can only run 13.7. well he doesnt street race and doesnt wanna go from a roll. so i have a challenge for next spring at the track. By then he will have a UTEC tuner and a bigger turbo. So what it gonna take for me to beat him? My best time is a [email protected] with a 2.25 60ft. This will happen next spring so i will have about 5-7G's after payents to work with if i dont spend money on other shit, but i do kinda want a new guitar. getting an 03 cobra is not an option. So what should i do? If this is in the wrong forum i apologize, but this one get the most traffic. Thanx guys.

My mods: 3.73 gears, BBK CAI, catted X-pipe, Pro 5.0, weld in magnapacks, upper and lower rear control arms, eibach springs, koni adjustables, and i think thats it.

Justin

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
My car:D

Seriously though, if he is running high 12's and you are running high 13's (with 2.25 60ft), you will need to practice your launching, and like someone mentioned, get some slicks and NAAWWS.

Also, with your mods, you should be running low 13's.

Last edited:

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Get some ET Streets and spray it.

thats definatly an option.

gee thanx for the posts that didnt hep me at all fellas, i appreciate your contributions oh so much. i stated how much money i will have to work with and i also stated that getin an 03 cobra is not an option. so please save the bullshit, i am looking for serious answers from SVT enthusiasts that want to see one of there own come out on top in a race. thanx......

Justin

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Originally posted by 97 svt cbra
5-7k?

turbo

as far as forced induction goes, im leaning toward a procharger or nitrous. turbo would be sick as f*** though man so for the right price i could maybe go that route.

Justin

03DOHC

Established Member
Update to my post. Get some ET Streets, nitrous, 31 spline axles, detroit locker and a diff cover brace. :)

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
i love shawns cobra. yeah, next time i see him ill see what he has to say, he knows his shit for sure. why dont you just say that im AIM.....***.

Justin

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by LAXbronco65

gee thanx for the posts that didnt hep me at all fellas, i appreciate your contributions oh so much. i stated how much money i will have to work with and i also stated that getin an 03 cobra is not an option. so please save the bullshit, i am looking for serious answers from SVT enthusiasts that want to see one of there own come out on top in a race. thanx......

Justin

Damn, take some Midol or something. You've got to expect a little bit of joking around on the site....sheesh

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
Damn, take some Midol or something. You've got to expect a little bit of joking around on the site....sheesh

I know man, i just had a rough day at work. im a little pissed. sorry. the bullshit just gets old sometimes. the answers here werent neraly as bad as i got on the other forum i posted on. i posted this for help and got shit instead, kinda bugs me.

justin

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I know man, i just had a rough day at work. im a little pissed. sorry. the bullshit just gets old sometimes. the answers here werent neraly as bad as i got on the other forum i posted on. i posted this for help and got shit instead, kinda bugs me.

justin

That's cool man, we all have days like that. :beer:

I think all you need is a bit of nitrous and some tires and you will be good to go. With your current set-up and tires you should easily hit some low 13's. A decent shot of nitrous should take you the rest of the way.

Good luck.

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
i love shawns cobra. yeah, next time i see him ill see what he has to say, he knows his shit for sure. why dont you just say that im AIM.....***.

Justin

how would it add to my post count if i posted it in aim?

DUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Originally posted by 97 svt cbra
how would it add to my post count if i posted it in aim?

DUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR

LOL!

Euphoric One: does it feel good to pick on an 18 year old? Yes your computer is faster than mine, yes you paid less than me, i thought we already established that. so unless yo have anything constructive to add to this thread, please dont post. thanx.

justin

LOL!

Euphoric One: does it feel good to pick on an 18 year old? Yes your computer is faster than mine, yes you paid less than me, i thought we already established that. so unless yo have anything constructive to add to this thread, please dont post. thanx.

justin

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was messing around with ya. It's fun.

2000wrx

Established Member
If he is getting a larger turbbo (so many to cose from) he could be knocking on 11's door pretty easy.

I would think some DR or ET's and some forced induction. I am a huge fan of turbos, though many people still shy from them... lack of understanding I think.

I would do some serious research on the turbo thing, fit turbos with turbos..

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Turbo, built rear-end , sticky tires, drag suspension

That might put you over $7K. Turbo kits are expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread