Whats going on with my tune..

03cobra5485

Established Member
I sold my gen one 2.2 kenne bell, and got a gen 2 not too long ago..Loaded the same tune into it, was running spot on with the gen 1...installed the gen 2 and when i start it, the car dies immediately.. If i give it some gas to keep it running, it breaks up, smells like it is dumping wayyy too much fuel, the garage absolutely stinks after a few seconds.. Don't know whats going on here, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.. All vacuum lines are good, injectors & rail are tight, i'm stumped.

03cobra5485

Established Member
yup..may be a FRPS, gonna replace that and see...the throttle cable was a little out of whack and the rpms shot up when i first started it, may have toasted it when the pressure spiked

03cobra5485

Established Member
Put a new frps in and still nothing..i unplugged the maf and it stays running, just lopes between 600-2500 Rpms..but doesn't die

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

03cobra5485

Established Member
Cpu isn't throwing any codes either

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
Sounds like you are getting unmetered air. Check between MAF and TB for loose air tube.

03cobra5485

Established Member
Found the problem, frps went bad and dumped fuel into the oil, changed the sensor, plugs and wires, and the oil twice and it's good

decipha

Established Member
it seems theres been a lot of frps failures as of lately, had two failed on 03/04 cobras just last week

count your blessings, on one of the cobras it took out the mains

Users who are viewing this thread