What's For Dinner Thread

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
FC2769-EF-5013-483-D-BD84-5-A22-A5-F8311-C.jpg

Cheesy enchiladas. Working on Cinco De Mayo recipes but it is hard to find ingredients. These are Mexican style. Muy caliente. Sorry for the sideways pic.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Went to a local Italian place that is doing carry out only, so they are selling just their sauce by itself. I have my own pasta, but using their sauce will make it a lot better.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Barely find hamburger meat but the store had ribeyes.

I'm fine with this but when the steaks run out I'll lose my mind.

It makes buying a couple of steaks every trip to the store a little bit easier. "Well honey, looks like the only beef they have is steaks *while trying to hide a smile*."

Gonna have to buy a meat freezer for the garage soon

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
got take out from a new place that does baos, they had an appetizer thats fried pork belly chips. I'll probably die of a heart attack now but that shit was good

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have the side grill thing to cook it?

Yes I do but I decided to try the piled mountain method. Fine line between burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. Really a trial run.

I need to know more and am too lazy to look it up

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The cooking method or what tacos al pastor is? Al pastor of course means shepherd style. A street taco of grilled pork (authentically spit grilled) served on corn tortillas. My wife hates corn tortillas so that is a no go. The pork is marinated with various spices and strangely pineapple in some recipes. Served thinly sliced. Some places serve with onion, cilantro and grilled pineapple.

Not every Mexican place serves Al Pastor. Those that do all have there own spin on how it is done. My wife is adamant about no corn tortillas and must include pineapple. So I thought I would try to make it the way she enjoys tacos Al Pastor.

Users who are viewing this thread