What's For Dinner Thread

hostile500

Established Member
Damn, that looks killer Mike!

The place is called Caio pasta. Just down the road from our house. Portions are huge, I always end up taking some home and that plate was only $10. Great family owned business where they know you by name.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The place is called Caio pasta. Just down the road from our house. Portions are huge, I always end up taking some home and that plate was only $10. Great family owned business where they know you by name.
Those are the best places. It's cozy and the food is killer with large portions.
Places like that seem to never go out of business.

hostile500

Established Member
Those are the best places. It's cozy and the food is killer with large portions.
Places like that seem to never go out of business.

Nope. Wish there were more around. Get rid of the Applebee's and chilis and bring back the grandma's homestyle cooking. Shut the wifi off and actually have a conversation with the table next to you.

hostile500

Established Member
I've got a funny story for ya. We went to dinner at that Asian delight place a few weeks back, table next to us had an older gentleman and his wife. They were having s conversation about writing in cursive that society had forgot how to write with it. So they were going through the alphabet and got to the letter G, for 15-20 they sat there not sure how to make a capital G. So I leaned over to there table and wrote it on the her paper placemat. They started laughing. We ended up eating dinner with these people and talking about the way language has changed over the last 10-15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
All that talk of Saltgrass...
IMG_0863.JPG

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I've got a funny story for ya. We went to dinner at that Asian delight place a few weeks back, table next to us had an older gentleman and his wife. They were having s conversation about writing in cursive that society had forgot how to write with it. So they were going through the alphabet and got to the letter G, for 15-20 they sat there not sure how to make a capital G. So I leaned over to there table and wrote it on the her paper placemat. They started laughing. We ended up eating dinner with these people and talking about the way language has changed over the last 10-15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

wth is cursive

colin450

Established Member
Nope. Wish there were more around. Get rid of the Applebee's and chilis and bring back the grandma's homestyle cooking. Shut the wifi off and actually have a conversation with the table next to you.

100% agree here. Pull up a chair at the bar, grab a locally made beer, and enjoy great food at a privately owned establishment. You can't beat that.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Spring Break is in session so no Taco Bell tonight. Been wanting a SaltGrass philly cheese steak, but mine down here is always packed.

So tonight’s menu will consist of Taco Cabana beef tacos, beans and rice since they are a stones throw from me and give a nice veteran discount

hostile500

Established Member
Spring Break is in session so no Taco Bell tonight. Been wanting a SaltGrass philly cheese steak, but mine down here is always packed.

So tonight’s menu will consist of Taco Cabana beef tacos, beans and rice since they are a stones throw from me and give a nice veteran discount

Spring break. That sounds like sitting on the porch doing a little scenic viewing. Taco is good

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and asparagus.

View attachment 1472238
View attachment 1472239
View attachment 1472240
Did wings on the Big Green Egg tonight. Put a dry BBQ rub on last night and sat in the fridge till today. Cooked indirect at 300 for an hour with a couple handfuls of hickory smoking chips added. BBQ sauce on the side for dipping.
Those look killer man. Did they taste as well as they look??

well today was bad.....
had some "1956 buddy burgers" from A&W, with some onion rings....bit later in day....
so had me some beer to top up later in day.
Why was today a bad day? What happened bro?

dan_dmg_gt01

Established Member
View attachment 1472238
View attachment 1472239
View attachment 1472240

Did wings on the Big Green Egg tonight. Put a dry BBQ rub on last night and sat in the fridge till today. Cooked indirect at 300 for an hour with a couple handfuls of hickory smoking chips added. BBQ sauce on the side for dipping.

Hell yes! Good looking wings!

20180310_081806-1200x1600.jpg

Smoked a little 3lb brisket yesterday. Frank's Red Hot and a salt & pepper rub.
Mixed some hickory and a little mesquite.
20180310_190657-1200x1600.jpg

Let it sit wrapped for a few hours in a cooler. Could've been a little more tender, but at least it wasn't dry.
20180311_130916-1200x1600.jpg

Had leftovers tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread