What's everyone using for a bypass valve?

Spoolin B00ST

Established Member
Hey fellas, coming summer I'll be approaching 20 psi on my aftercooled vortech sc setup, what are my options for a good recirculated bov? Or maybe does anybody have decent results venting to atmosphere with a draw thru maf? I would love to go blow thru but my setup just doesn't give me the real estate in the piping.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Pick up a flange from VMP and you can mount the MAF any where you want. Just make sure the pipe is as straight as possible. I ran a Tial 50mm BOV on my last set up. It was loud, but it worked.

Spoolin B00ST

Established Member
@slo984now this is pretty much my exact piping setup, do you really think I would be able to mount my maf on that little stretch before the tb? I figured that would be extremely pushing it,
and then I currently have the ba- 2400 maf, could i just mount it in the pipe using that adapter, without any tuning and have it fine? Or would i need to do a retune to set it up for blow thru?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180311-123257.png
    Screenshot_20180311-123257.png
    804.6 KB · Views: 109

01yellercobra

Established Member
You might be able to get away with a slot style MAF in that set up. But I don't know about the tonsil style like you have. Maybe someone else will chime in that has your set up. I ran an air to air set up.

I'm still a fan of the Tial valves. They have a valve that can be recirculated, but I don't remember the model.

Users who are viewing this thread