Whats everyone use for headphones?

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
I have some Klipsch Image S4's and IMO they sound better than any other headphones Ive heard, Skullcandy's, beats by dre. etc. I just picked up a Fiio E5 headphone amp and it made a big difference in volume and bass. Around $100 for the headphones and amp and are 10x better than beats by dre solo's

kaotic

Established Member
I had klipsch s4's but lost them, I agree they are awesome and better than anything under 100. I replaced them with some Sennheiser buds in the same price range which also sound really good.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I have Shure 110's, they have been very good.

Does the Fiio E5 offer any improvement in sound or anything of that nature? I assume it's simply for an increase in volume, in which case I don't think I would need it.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I go through a pair of Skull Candy ear buds every 6 months for working out. I like them, and they usually run less then $20. I heard Monster Beats are great as well, but look to be over priced?

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
I have Shure 110's, they have been very good.

Does the Fiio E5 offer any improvement in sound or anything of that nature? I assume it's simply for an increase in volume, in which case I don't think I would need it.

it adds volume and bass, sound quality is about the same without the amp

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
it adds volume and bass, sound quality is about the same without the amp

Good to know. I don't get a whole lot of bass out of my little earbuds, maybe it would help although I don't need any extra volume. Price is good on the Fiio though, I might pick one up.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I use some padded, over the ear studio style headphones from Brookstone. Crystal clear highs, and nice crisp bass....

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
I have a couple pairs of Sennheiser studio phones that I use at my computer. The 598s are my favorite. Working out I just use some cheap skull candys.

99caddysts

Established Member
I use mainly my Audio-technica a900's while sitting at my desk. They are a great all-around headphone that works well for gaming, movies, and music (classic rock-rap).

When I am in a group type setting my Sennheiser hd-590's have proved to be quite similar to the a900's in that they work well for everything while be open style so I can hear the background conversation, movie, or w/e. Without getting into detail (judging by most of the previous posts it wouldn't matter) they don't sound as good to me as the a900's. However, these are the most comfortable with the a900's trailing by just a little.

My favorite and best sounding headphones that I own are Grado sr225i's. The sound a high quality recording of guitar can make through these phones is something else! A real step above in sound quality IMO compared to similar priced phones. They are open style so the sound/headphone doesn't block out any outside noise. The main reason why I don't use these all the time is because they are not very comfortable. The stock pads are hard and crispy so they don't translate well to your ears and get uncomfortable after only an hour of use.

My portable in-ears are Westone UM1's. I don't have much to say about these as I am not impressed with the sound compared to my other headphones. But lightyears ahead of most mainstream ear phones and they cost ~$110. I also occasionally use a Xin Supermini IV portable amp.

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
I have a Kenwood molded headset in my helmet, it works awesome for races, battery in the radio lasts long enough for a full 4 hour stint so long as I don't get into any long conversations with my CC. At work I use a David Clark Model H10-76, standard issue to us, allows me to communicate with the pilot (or whomever may be in the cockpit or on the y-cord) very easily. Easily adjustable volume knob and is very comfortable.

CBrowning84

Established Member
I use Denon AH-D1000's at work... they sound pretty awesome and are light weight so I can listen for a long period of time

Users who are viewing this thread