Whats all needed when upgrading to the TVS FFRP blower??

03Bite

Established Member
I did a quick search and didn't come up with much, but what is all needed when upgrading to the TVS FFRP blower? I have an 08 shelby. Anybody who has done it was it worth it? Thanks guys.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Whats all needed, basically a tune is all that is needed. I had a cold air, 2.6 pulley, tune and stock blower at first, found a used tvs and just installed the tvs blower and got a new tune from Justin at VMPtuning.com. You can still use your stock throttle body and also have stock exhaust. To get the most out of the tvs, you will need a off road x-pipe and upgraded t/b and plenum buts its not needed. I put down 637rwhp with tvs blower, 2.6 pulley and off road x-pipe, I only put down 531rwhp with stock blower, so its worth it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
all you need is a CAI and a tune, an your good to go. you dont need anything else

Rob_03Mach

Established Member

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I did a quick search and didn't come up with much, but what is all needed when upgrading to the TVS FFRP blower? I have an 08 shelby. Anybody who has done it was it worth it? Thanks guys.

PC locked up....posted twice....by accident

Last edited:

GT50008

Established Member
Install, CAI + tune. That's it. Make sure you have your wheel hop under control. Also install an upper control arm. You don't need to replace the lower control arms, only the upper control arms.

Boost is far more responsive than the stock SC with a Procal + CAI. I have kept the Procal tune for my TVS. I am not racing my GT500, so the simple upgrade does me just fine. Now at 6400 ft. elevation, I finally feel like my GT500 behaves like those of you with the stock SC at sea level. Another interesting thing, the SC whine is much, much less. I have to really listen hard to hear it now that I have installed the TVS. Still a great modification.

Users who are viewing this thread