Whats A SHO worth?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
West TX Muscle said:
My roommate just got rid of his for like $700, i think it was like a 88 or something. How is that?

'89 was the first year for the SHO.

Older SHO's are going for cheap because there are not a lot of people that want a car that requires the amount of attention a SHO does? You can get them in all sorts of mechanical conditions. They are an awesome car however!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Sold mine late 2003 for $1K but it had been beat to death. It was a 91 by the way. Leather ripped, rear windows didnt work, paint gone and just in general bad shape.

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I bought my '92 for $800 this past August. It had a blown motor, but it only cost me another $250 for the motor at a junk yard already pulled. ($100 off if I had pulled it myself)

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
My bro picked mine up for $1700. It's a black 90 had 130k on it, flawless interior except the ripped drivers seat. I'm debating on wether or not to buy an aquaintence's 92 or not. Needs a rod bearing replacement.

PS - Yamaha, havent seen ya around in a while. Hows the car? Didn't you get a supercharger for it?

vipereater

Established Member
the first sho to come out was in 89 i belive till 98-99 i have a 92 and it has 135000 mile and still runs like a champ its my every day car

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You need to be mor descriptive.

SHO's arent really worth much unless you are someone in the SHO community that is well known and the car has been taken care of.

My extremely mint 1995 MTX SHO sold for $7200 with 120k miles. But it was modded tastefully, it was SHOforum's first ever car of the month and it was overly maintained.

In contrast my 92 Supercharged car was not running right at all, sold for the same price.

If not properly maintained, they fall apart. Quickly.

The BigSHO

Established Member
SHOs aren't worth much in general. They are a PITA to maintain. SHO parts are expensive.

They are a fun car though. My 92 has 61K and is in good shape. I doubt that its worth $3K...

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Bought my 95MTX with 56k on it for around 8500$, turned around in a year, Stage I, and sold for almost 11k....I do not have any pics of it anymore, but ive had emails of people who have had it as their desktop pic. It was red, with white letters filled. MINT!

no1fordbastard

Established Member
fun run and fordbastards

yamahaSHO said:
I bought my '95 in 2002 for $8,500 with 58k on it. I've put that or more in mods and will never sell ;)

Hey Jason you coming to the spring run in Austin? It's April 16th. 2005. Oh yea you need to come over and raise some hell over on fordbastards with all us SHO nuts me and Murphy put it together, it's only 4 days old.

http://www.fordbastards.invisionzone.com/forums/

For all you other guys I bought my blue92 SHO for a grand then put another 4k into it. Ya can't buy any new car with this kind of performance for 5 grand anywhere.

:pepper: :banana: :beer:

Last edited:

Prophet92

Established Member
The SHO is a good investment if you just maintain it, if you modify youre just giving away free mods on a good car for very little money when you decide to sell.

In Chris Benvie's case selling a SHO for 7K on a non-boosted SHO is almost unheard of, no matter how mint.

Heavily modified supercharged SHO with over 20K invested have been sold for less than 8K.

If the SHO is a keeper, it's a great toy/hobby and a bank account drainer, very addictive car once you start to modify.

I had about 10K invested in my 92 purchase price and repairs/mods and sold for less than half that, I put about 30K miles on it from 1999 to 2005.

If I had to do over again, would buy it already all modified the way i wanted it, from a reputable owner and have done some personal touches to make the car my own and saved a ton of money.

It's a buyers market with the SHO.

miniSHO

Established Member
I just bought a '97 V-8 SHO with 85K miles for $3,700. Hell of a car for the price. Getting the cams welded this weekend. I bought it for my winter vehicle.

Merc-O-matic

Established Member
Collectable....

The last issue of Hemmings "Classic Car" magazine
listed the SHO as very "collectable" car.
Hold on to a clean one if you can. :lol:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Merc-O-matic said:
The last issue of Hemmings "Classic Car" magazine
listed the SHO as very "collectable" car.
Hold on to a clean one if you can. :lol:

There is No Doubt the SHO will be a very collectable car?!? I dread the day I'm forced to part with my car. I hope it never happens?

She needs an alternator now and I don't have time to work on it! Luckily I have a new mechanic friend that bails me out on these projects now!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

jerflash

hey i just picked up a 92 SHO for 700 bucks!!!

exterior close to mint(silver), interior mint except for small tear in drive seat(gray leather), motor runs awsome just need some plug seals

pretty good for 700 right ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread