What's a reasonable price?

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
I always have said I would never sell my Cobra, but in the last couple of weeks a couple things have happened that have made me think maybe I should try to be less committed financially. I don't want to go into all that, but anyway I made a "feeler" ad in the Market section yesterday:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...er-2003-bolt-cobra-convertible-34k-miles.html

I said I would like to get 21K out of my car, but judging by the lack of interest maybe that's too ambitious of a price.

What do you guys think I should ask/expect to get? If you guys say too low of a price I'll probably just keep the car. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it and I don't HAVE to sell. On the other hand, I would kind of LIKE to sell, if I didn't lose that much money on it.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Tough call right now. I don't think the economy is really, honestly getting better. The stuff that caused our recession/depression has not even been addressed yet. What that means for us cobra guys is that people are not going to pay top dollar anymore unless it is something really special.

I think you have a nice car, but these cobras are going for much less. I wanted to sell my coupe also, but the money is just not there. Getting a loan for these cars is becoming harder, and the guys that have the cash to spend have moved on the different cars... i.e. GT500, new GT 5.0. Most people live in debt, so it is easier to get a loan and be strapped then come up with the money. I have even seen guys buying 911's and Z06's. The cobra is an older car, and people are just not willing to pay that kind of money.

These are very cool cars, no doubt about it! But in the grand scheme of things, it is still a mustang.

G/L with your sale. I do understand your frustration. I choose just to keep mine instead of losing all that money!

Cheers

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I agree with Bruha. If you don't have to sell it I wouldn't. Especially this time of year. If you really want to sell it wait until spring and make another feeler thread. Good luck.

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
Thanks for the advice guys. You are seconding my opinions. Since I don't HAVE to sell the car, and its 100% paid off, and I still LOVE it, I'll just keep it. I think I'll make another feeler in the Spring like you said, 03 Indy Cobra. But if it doesn't get any buyers, no big deal.

My real reason for even considering selling was that I have 2 vehicles: A really nice truck (F150) and a really nice car (Cobra). The Cobra is just a fun vehicle, but it is the one that's paid off. The truck is the vehicle I NEED. I still owe a lot on the truck. I was thinking if I could sell the Cobra for a fair price I could just pay off the whole truck and still have a few thousand to put in my savings. I know it would probably be the responsible thing to do, but on the other hand I sure would miss the boost, the top down, etc.

Last edited:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Hoosier, that is a great idea paying off the truck. Though call. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread