** What's a good price for a mildly modded 09 GT500? **

Native

Established Member
Want some opinions on a fair price. I had almost the twin to this car but sold it over the summer. I'm looking at this new one and trying to get a winter deal on it. What's a good price? He's asking 30k.

09 GT500
33k miles
White/Blue Stripes
Navigation (not factory)
Sequential Tails
Charcoal AMR wheels

MODS:
2.5 Pulley
Ford Racing CAI
Ford Racing Catback
BAMA Tune
Upper and lower control arms
McLeod RST Clutch (1k miles)

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I got an 08 same miles and mods plus TVS, Id say between $28,000 and $30,000. Depends on condition and if its a one owner car.

Native

Established Member
It's been a strange year for the 07-09. I see a lot of people unable to sell their cars. Not sure if it's the 07-09 or the market.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Likely market. The new S550 chassis is a hell of a hit, and many are opting for a new GT or even GT350 with plans for mods. A 9 year old car with some miles on her and of the old design (as some see it, i think all GT500s are beautiful) are at this point going to need more die hard 500 buyers. I know what the S550 looked like and test drove one when i was in the market. Nice Mustangs for sure, well made and fun to drive. But i always wanted a GT500 of the 2010+ style and got my 2011 a few months later.

Many people are buyers of the new hotness and thats all they will consider. Just like the SVT Cobra owners experienced when the GT500s hit the market. We GT500 owners are now in their shoes as the model years keep coming. I suspect that when there is another GT500 with more power and refinement, youll see even more depression of our prices and buyers.

BUT there will always be new buyers in the market that LOVE our S197s and have to have IT. Same as the terminators and Cobras.

weider1717

Established Member
Go with the 07-09 over the newer body I vote talk him down what you can and buy it they're the bet looking IMO.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I bought a 2008 GT500 coupe December 2014 for $32k at a dealer. One owner 5,600 miles.

I traded that in on a 2008 GT500 convertible December 2015 for $32.5k. Two owner 4,500 miles.

Both 100% stock.

Hope my addiction helps someone.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
It's been a strange year for the 07-09. I see a lot of people unable to sell their cars. Not sure if it's the 07-09 or the market.

Not just 07-09, but all of them, especially on SVTP. I actually do believe it's more difficult selling a GT500 here than on other sites. I find the average SVTP'er standards to be quite higher than outside this community.

Imatk

Established Member
I paid 28k for my 2007 and it only had like 2k miles on it so it was basically new.

I think I got a hell of a deal so I'm happy heh.

But I look on Ebay a lot and there are quite a few going between 28-32k just depends on the car.

Native

Established Member
Well...search over. Bought a 2009 GT500 with 32k miles on it a few days ago. Zero accidents, never seen snow and nearly perfect condition. I won't put the exact price I paid for it because I'll probably sell it on here one day but I paid under 28k
Feeling good about the purchase. :)

Mods:
2.5" With tensioner
Ford Racing catback
CAI
McLeod RST (under 800 miles on it)
Raxiom Navigation
Eibach coilover kit ($1,300 and under 800 miles)
3.73 Gears (under 800 miles)
Bama Tune and handheld
Lower and upper control arm/s
AMR Charcoal rims (8.5/10") w/ Nitto Invos (Under 800 miles)
*And biggest positive...my absolute favorite color combination for the GT500!

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
That's a good deal!

However price is heavily influenced by miles. 32k is "A LOT" of miles for these cars. Congrats on getting the color combo you wanted. I had to wait over a year to even find the color combo I wanted for sale, and I only wanted ONE color/stripe, from ONE very particular model year.

Luckily, it was the perfect car; price, mods, miles, color, condition, location. Since then I haven't seen another one for sale, and I would still be looking for it!

Imatk

Established Member
Awesome deal man!

I'd have to disagree on 32k miles being a lot of miles... I mean I guess if it's a garage queen then it is, but I imagine these cars will last well over 100k miles before they show any signs of issue.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
07 drop top,23k, typical bolt ons and paid 28.7 last February. I'd say an 09 should be had around the 30 range.

Native

Established Member
Took me about 8 months to find this car with mileage that was acceptable, mods I wanted (initially) and the color combination I wanted.
The GT500's out there that had really low mileage were priced nearly as high as a 2010...and I'd rather just get one of those for that money. 32k miles is fairly average for what's out there...believe me I've been scouring the internet for months lol. Besides, I'll put about 2k miles on it per year. Benefits of working out of home and having winters.

nxhappy

Established Member
trying to get at least 28k for mine lol and it seems like nobody has the cash or the want ...

shelby2

Established Member
Congratulations on the purchase! I love that color combo myself:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread