Whats a good IRS Brace?

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
Im looking to get a IRS brace for my (basically stock) 04 cobra, its lowered on H&R springs, bassani o/r x with borla catback. I havent touched the irs, so now im looking for a good irs brace to make it solid?

Thanks for your input.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Changing the IRS diff cover is a PITA but if you have a lift or mad skills then its the better way to go. I just like the simple bolt n go of the BF brace

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Changing the IRS diff cover is a PITA but if you have a lift or mad skills then its the better way to go. I just like the simple bolt n go of the BF brace

It's not that hard, just gotta follow the how to and use a jack. I did it with one arm after my shoulder surgery. So anyone can

Skip a brace the reinforced covers such as FRPP are the new way to go.
This x1000 I had the BF brace and leaked now I have the FRPP cover and can't be happier, spend the money and the time once

Last edited:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Get the new ford cover, braces are just old technology that were needed before there was a proper built cover made.

Carbon Driven

Established Member

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Before the new Ford Racing cover came along the rear cover brace was a good band-aid. But the new Ford Racing cover is the way to go now. It will make your differential much more bullet proof.

FT 1350

We offer them on the order page on our site as part number FT 1350:

FTBR Mustang Cobra IRS Parts

If you have a rear lowering differential mount on your car you will need our milled version of this cover to clear the inner toe link mounts on the subframe:

FT 1350M

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I want everything FTBR :)

How do you know which diff cover to get? I'll go look once I know what to look for lol

A Terminator has fairly poor driveline angles from the factory as explained in the FAQ on our site:

FTBR FAQ's

Not all cars have a driveline vibe. It's sort of the luck of the draw if your car has a vibe or not.

The differences between the FT 1300 Delrin rear diff bushing set and the FT 1401 Delrin isolated rear diff lowering mounts we offer is explained here:

FTBR FAQ's

If you're lowering the rear diff mount with either our Delrin isolated rear diff lowering mount FT 1401 or you already have a competitor's non-isolated lowering rear diff mount, then you will need the milled version of the Ford Racing cover that we offer.

If you have additional questions just let me know.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread