WHATS A GOOD EXHAUST?

94svt5.0

Established Member
Im looking for a cat back system with some extra HP. I dont want something that breaks glass or frightens little children. Something smooth and mellow. I was sitting in a turning lane when this Bullit mustang whent by, it sounded real sweet. Anyone know whats on those? Of course it may not have been stock. I also dont want flowmasters, just a little to common.
thanks

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Dynomax catbacks are pretty popular for the Bullet's so that might have been what it had. And of course Bassani has a kit.

Casper5.0

Established Member
I have dynomax ultra flo mufflers, i believe they're called "ultra flo welded" now. I'm really happy with the way they sound. If you driving normal they have tone but it's not loud at all. Sounds like a flowmaster only quieter is what people tell me. When you get on it they scream i love em....... I would recommend them to anyone.

RYAN

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by 94svt5.0
what exhaust would sound kinda raspy, metalic exotic car sound?

Get an off-road X-pipe. I have one from BBK and its sounds great on my cobra. If you want a complete set, then get a bassani X-pipe and catback, that should cure your problem.:)

Psychoholic

Established Member
I've got BBK Long tubes, Mac off road H-pipe an mac flowpath mufflers with stock tail pipes, it's unbelievably loud, but sweet.

My wife's car has stock manifolds, Bassani offroad X-pipe and 2 chamber flowmasters with turndowns, it too is pretty damned loud.

The Mac pro-chamber with the mac cat back sounds awesome on a 5.0 sn-95 car, it's nice and deep, throaty, and not obnoxiously loud.

Chris (Psychoholic)

Users who are viewing this thread