Whats a good daily driver to have??

Needcobra

Established Member
Right now i own a jeep wrangler and im getting kinda of sick of it. Just wanna know what you guys have. Or what you think is a good car. Nothing new used, im gussing like 10-12 grand range. Also dose not matter about 4X4 because what it snows im in a dump truck plowing.

Carter :beer:

seanwr400

Established Member
No sure if you can find an older one and get you in that price range, but I love my WRX. Can't beat it for a daily driver....

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I love my F-150! It's got 100K+ miles on it and all I've had to replace is the brakes.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
My cobra is my DD, however, I had a honda CRX that I used to use for that purpose. Great car...I never should have sold it.

Anyway, it depends on what you want. If you are just looking for ho-hum transportation, go with a civic. Otherwise, I'll cast my vote for the WRX/F-150.

2kbill

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
+1 on the WRX! I'd look into an 02-03 model at that price range.

+2, great daily.

IMG_1077.jpg

04yellowcobra

Established Member
F-150 is my daily as well, rides nice, looks decent, but the fuel mileage is horendous for what it should be.

A nice daily would be an older Acura TL

Later

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
Im a huge mark viii fan. Had 2, if i ever get around to buying a dd or winter car it will be an older mark viii. They can be had for ceap, plenty of power, nice ride and great looks. Did i mention they are cheap

Needcobra

Established Member
If i bought a truck it be a diesel. For 12grand i get a f-350 with 150k on it so thats not guna fly. Im kinda pushing away from the trucks because i drive truck/dumper and trailer all most everyday.

hmmmmm...

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
If you just want an appliance to get around in and not work on, that's what I got a used Camry for. Boring, look alike-yes. But I've put 110K on it with just tires and pads, and a headlight bulb. And I can throw it around turns (I have good tires on it), and not worry that a cops gonna look my way (it's a freakin' Camry, they don't give it a second glance). And I needed a famly car at the time.

But I would like a pickup as I may need to start towing. I drive 52 miles to/from work. What kind of mileage do the older F150s get?

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
a little 4X2, or 4X4, mazda, ranger, S10, or sanoma makes a great DD. good dependable trucks, and a small bed to throw comething in if you need to.

my DD is my 07 F250 though. i dont do much city driving, like in a downtown city, and if i do, i take the cobra, because the truck is somewhat of a bitch in parking garages, and tight parking lots, because of its lack of turning radius.

i wouldnt spend 10-12 grand, if you want a beater, for about 3K, you can get anice, pretty new ranger.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I had a '99 SHO and that was one nice ride. It had more options than my parents Lincoln, front wheel drive was great in rain and snow, and I had that damn thing up to 140mph many times.......man I miss that car.

CobraMan69

Established Member
i got a 95 civic ive takin out in a foot of snow before it did ok except for ground clearance also its bin hit twice 163 k miles on it runs great brakes oil change and timing belt at like 180 i get 45 miles togallon on the highway and like 32-36 in the city

SurferSVT

V
Established Member
zaxjax said:
I love my F-150! It's got 100K+ miles on it and all I've had to replace is the brakes.

I love my daily driver F150 too... Of course, it is supercharged and all.:-D

Last edited:

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I'd personally like a Crown vic or Grand marquis nice and comfortable air suspension plenty of power and not completely horrible in the snow. my ultimate DD would be a Mercury marauder

Users who are viewing this thread