what's a good clutch for a stock mt82

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I have heard that running a twin disc clutch can actually hurt your transmission cause the clutch grabs to hard. Anyone have any experience with that? If that is true what's a good single disc clutch that can handle 700 hp?

scott_0

Established Member
I have an Exedy Mach 500 and love it! slightly stiffer than stock, with smoother engagement

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Do you need the flywheel for the exedy? I know I can get a little better price but with it plus flywheel it's very close to the price of a McLeod. Also do you need to replace the throw out bearing or is the stock one a better option. Car is a 2011 with 19500 miles.

scott_0

Established Member
Do you need the flywheel for the exedy? I know I can get a little better price but with it plus flywheel it's very close to the price of a McLeod. Also do you need to replace the throw out bearing or is the stock one a better option. Car is a 2011 with 19500 miles.
my car had about the same mileage as yours when Revolution Automotive rebuilt my MT82 and installed the Mach 500, they said a new flywheel was not needed, said mine showed no signs of needing replaced, but I would definitely replace the throw out bearing. in the event your flywheel does need replaced, I'd buy stock for another $150

Last edited:

Reptar13

Established Member
MCLEOD RST!! Soft pedal feel!! I mean softer than the stock, and it is a high quality clutch, and a beautiful piece lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread