Whats a fair price ?

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I'm ordering a new Boss. The dealer is asking 45.965. Comes with car cover and Recaro seats. They told me its the only options. I believe I'll take them up on it. What do you think ? They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.....:shrug: Oh and any color i want.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
MSRP is right at $41k. The only options are Recaro seats and a torsen diff. The car cover and matts too. $41k. Call some other Ford dealers. Everyone that I know that has bought a Boss 302 and I know about 10 personally, have bought their cars for MSRP or less.

oldmodman

Established Member
Do not pay over sticker. There are too many dealers offering them for list or a little below. Just read some of the earlier pricing threads just down from this one.

nccstud

Established Member
I'm ordering a new Boss. The dealer is asking 45.965. Comes with car cover and Recaro seats. They told me its the only options. I believe I'll take them up on it. What do you think ? They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.....:shrug: Oh and any color i want.

Sticker on that car is $43,575. So in regards to markups...it's actually pretty good. But if you have enough ambition(an patience) you can eventually find one that a dealer will sell for sticker price. The 6 to 8 weeks for delivery thing...it really depends on what quarter allocation they have. Plus, getting these cars seems to take longer than what they say anyhow. So I wouldn't hold my breath on the 6 to 8 weeks for delivery unless you know the car is scheduled to be built in the next couple weeks.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Thanks guys, I called a few and told them id pay MSRP. If they want the deal to call me. One sounded like they might take it. He said he would talk to the owner when he gets in. Its a Kona blue with all options. I hope they go for it. If they do i'll be driving it by the end of the day. Thanks again. I really didnt want to wait at all. LOL

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Thanks guys, I called a few and told them id pay MSRP. If they want the deal to call me. One sounded like they might take it. He said he would talk to the owner when he gets in. Its a Kona blue with all options. I hope they go for it. If they do i'll be driving it by the end of the day. Thanks again. I really didnt want to wait at all. LOL

Yeah, definitely make sure it has the Recaro / Torsen option. IMO, the floormats & car cover option is overpriced though.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
if i remember correctly kona blue has been discontinued because of the disaster in japan.
the info i had could be wrong as i was told it was the boss 302 color vista blue. if its the boss color its kona. if its vista is not a boss color. the upshot is that IF kona is the effected color and you can actually get a kona boss 302, you should snatch that puppy.

so far as waiting...since the 2013 has not been announced and only the enthusiasts know that its coming, cars are still being sold with the idea that this is a one year run. a 4th quarter 2012 will not have either the price pressure of getting an early car OR it the fear of it being a one year run.

I fully expect that 2012 4th quarter cars can be bought at below sticker. If I did not already have plans to buy a used 2012 from a friend who is buying a 2013, i would be working on those 4th quarter cars later this summer. there will be deals available.

Last edited:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Well one dealer called me back. Told me 2k over MSRP. The one with the Kona blue said 48K and not a dollar less. So i'm still looking.

Another dealer that I've bought many cars and trucks from. Called me back and said 2K over. They are getting one in two weeks. There going to fax me the details on it Monday. Also offered a 500 dollar military discount. So 15 hundred over plus TTL. I think i might buy it.

But i might just wait like i did on my GT500. I bought it when the 08's were due to arrive in a few weeks and they had three GT500's. So all three were sold that weekend at MSRP. They ran an ad on the radio Friday. I called on Saturday morning made the deal. Picked my car up Sunday morning and it was the last one they had.

So deals are around. You just have to wait and jump when they do. I do agree that most likely the best time to buy will be around the end of the year. That's most likely what I'll do.

It really sucks tho......My son and i are going half's on this car. He said today. I could shit 2K, lets go get the car now. I said, Yeah right after you shit. LOL

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
lol i saw a nice red one at a dealer here on sat - $20k markup on the car!

i agree tho, never pay one penny over sticker for ANY production car

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
don't pay over msrp. go into the dealer with your checkbook out and present a check for a deposit on the boss 302 at msrp and make them turn the business away.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
don't pay over msrp. go into the dealer with your checkbook out and present a check for a deposit on the boss 302 at msrp and make them turn the business away.

This. Or even better take a check already filled out for $46-47k otd(msrp + ttl and doc) and watch them say no.:lol:

SDW Racing

Established Member
I really love how some of the bidding is going on the regular 2012 Bosses on ebay...they are bidding up to right around MSRP....and dying there....usually meaning REserve Not Met.

People are a lot more smarter these days with their cash!

01silverstang

Established Member
Olathe Ford in Olathe, Kansas just received a Comp Orange Boss 302, with the Recaro option. They have it stickered and listed at MSRP which is $43k call and ask for Mark Parker and tell him Ryan Hatfield sent you. Unless of course you are looking for a different color or don't want to deal out of state.

The dealer you got your quote from is about $3k high...

Users who are viewing this thread