whats a fair price for a 91 5.0?

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
i want to buy my uncles 91 5.0 he is the original owner of this car. the car has 95,000 miles on it. the car is completely stcok. the car has never been raced or bought to the track. the car hasnt even ever been red lined. there has never been any modification done to this car before. not even an intake or exhaust.

the car has power locks,windows,mirrors,the flip open roof, a/c still works fine, 5 speed manual transmition, leather interior.

the leather interior is immaculate. the back seat has never been sat in before, nor has the passenger seat ever really been used. the driver seat has the normal leather wear but there are no rips or tears in the seat.

the exterior is great. the only probalem is the paint on the ground effects are starting to fade but other than that the paint is more than decent for a 14 year old car.

never been driven in the rain or snow.

he is asking 5k. i will try and get pics up if i can but does this seem like a fair price even though the book value is only $2,400

thanks in advance
steve

montanagrog

Established Member
Since you refer to 'ground effects', I'll take it this is a GT? The NADA average retail for a GT in my area is $4695, high retail is $4965, which is what this sounds like it would rate.

A one owner car that you know the history of, and has been taken care of, is a good find.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
$5K is just a wee bit high. $4000-$4500 seems the perfect price for this car. He could get $5000 with a little work, but it's really not worth that much.

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
Normally I'd say thats way too high. Considering you know the history of the car and it sounds like its been taken care of, I'd say go for it if your really into the car.

Users who are viewing this thread