What's a decent double din nav unit?

PC PaiN

Established Member
The Pioneer AVIC-D3 is nice but it's 1000$ and another 200$ for bluetooth kit if I'm reading that right on amazon

PC PaiN

Established Member
Either get the Alpine W900 or Pioneer AVIC Z110BT. The Alpine needs a separate bluetooth module, but when plugged in integrates nicely. Personally, I like the Pioneer more, and if you buy it one before March 31st, you get a 200 dollar mail-in rebate. I am also a fan of the Eclipse headunits, but they pulled out of the aftermarket, and it is hard to find an AVN62D now. PM me if you want one. IMO, go with the Z110 Pioneer (biggest screen, etc) and don't look back.

I looked at that alpine and don't like it because it's a flip out. The pioneer model listed though is super nice.

PureSound15

Established Member
I have a Pioneer Avic-Z3 with the bluetooth module and everything else. Love it, and wouldn't trade it for anything else, ever.

PC PaiN

Established Member
I have a Pioneer Avic-Z3 with the bluetooth module and everything else. Love it, and wouldn't trade it for anything else, ever.

Super nice unit, might be alittle more than I'm looking to spend though. However it's going to be a good while before I get one of these. I need to propose first :-D

PC PaiN

Established Member

txyaloo

Established Member
I have a Kenwood DNX-8120. I'm not a big fan of the integrated Garmin GPS. I think the GPS on my older Kenwood was better since the maps didn't look like Mickey Mouse designed them, but any unit with integrated Garmin will look like that.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints with it.

Unfortunately, these are the best pictures I have of it installed.

DSCF0244Medium.jpg

DSCF0247Medium.jpg

Vrointhk06

Established Member
lol people are recommending the pioneer d3?? it's a four year old unit and requires the map disc to be in the unit while using the navi

if you're looking for a basic navi unit without a ton of frills for sound quality (high volt pre outs, 3 sets of pre outs) then look at the kenwood dnx5140. it's just getting discontinued right now which means you should be able to find them for cheap. it retails for 1k, and is available tons of places for 650 at the moment. the new model will be the dnx5160 and there shouldn't be much different

the pioneer units are great, but lacking in the navi. they are missing some simple things like the ability to find an intersection. the pioneer unit similar to the 5140 would be somehting like the x710. this will have the bluetooth that the kenwood doesn't, but in my opinion the navi is much less effective. this unit also won't play dvd, but the x910 would

basically there are a ton of units out there, but the large manufacturers for in dash navi units will be kenwood and pioneer and i really wouldn't look anywhere else

Last edited:

PC PaiN

Established Member
lol people are recommending the pioneer d3?? it's a four year old unit and requires the map disc to be in the unit while using the navi

if you're looking for a basic navi unit without a ton of frills for sound quality (high volt pre outs, 3 sets of pre outs) then look at the kenwood dnx5140. it's just getting discontinued right now which means you should be able to find them for cheap. it retails for 1k, and is available tons of places for 650 at the moment. the new model will be the dnx5160 and there shouldn't be much different

the pioneer units are great, but lacking in the navi. they are missing some simple things like the ability to find an intersection. the pioneer unit similar to the 5140 would be somehting like the x710. this will have the bluetooth that the kenwood doesn't, but in my opinion the navi is much less effective. this unit also won't play dvd, but the x910 would

basically there are a ton of units out there, but the large manufacturers for in dash navi units will be kenwood and pioneer and i really wouldn't look anywhere else

I think it's the Kenwood 6140 that I've really been looking at. Believe its the same as the 5140 but it just has bluetooth on it.

M4RK

Established Member
Pioneer Avic D3, i bought mine 3 years ago and still use it without any issue, they can probably be had for real cheap now :shrug:
IMG_3074-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread