whats a better street tire?

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
hey guys i'm gonna be buying a pair a rear tires here soon for my DD cobra and i was looking at between Nitto555's(not the drag radial) and GS-D3's....which is a stickier street tire that will hook decent with 4.30's on the street and last maybe a year or so? thanx in advance guys

My94GT

Established Member
GS-D3s my buddy used them with 4.10s for his DD 04 gt. they never hooked well but did ride great in all weather

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
Nitto 555's must be the worst performance tire i have ever had. I love the michelin pilot sports i have on my Fr500s, but the 555's I have on my Saleens suck soo much.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
maybe the Nitto drag radial wouldn't be so bad if i didn't do burnouts all the time huh lol..........would the nitto DR be the better chioce?

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
lol gottca.....took a look at them and there pretty pricey! just want a nice tire that will last a while and get DECENT traction with 4.30's on the street

KazooGS-T

Established Member
lol gottca.....took a look at them and there pretty pricey! just want a nice tire that will last a while and get DECENT traction with 4.30's on the street

Get the Nitto 555R. On dry pavement they do great, on wet pavement, they do even better than my yokohama h4's do. Plus they are cheap and get around 15-20k miles. :banana: OH yeah, I have 4.30's also and they hook just fine; you just have to lower the air pressure when racing.

qkslvr221

Established Member

Yeah, the grip from these tires come at a cost- tread life and $$$! They definitely grip better than the nittos in the rain, though, where the nittos will spin these won't even flinch.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
A friend of mine has had 2 sets of those Goodyears dry rot on him in under a year on a car that's driven every single weekend. If you are crazy enough to spend all that money on them, make sure you get the longest road hazard/replacement protection they offer.

Users who are viewing this thread