What's a better deal?

Bionik_P

Established Member
Well I sold my 04 Cobra about a year ago and I'm dying to get another Mustang, but this time a slightly older version. Out of these two, which seems to be a better deal. I'm looking for weekend car that is going to be used mainly at the track. Both need to be Cali legal. The second one would be Cali legal if I switch the OR-H to a catted X. Thoughts?

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Humboldt5.0

Established Member
Its gotta be a typo,30k is amazing on a 5.0. Looks clean.

Unless you want to put a body kit on the LX,i vote for the white 5.0.Assuming the mileage has to be a typo.Although that supercharger would be tempting.Flip a coin.

Last edited:

Bionik_P

Established Member
I should have stated this earlier:

This is what the owner said: "The original engine was replaced at around 250,000 miles because it was a little tired but still humming along. The present crate engine has 93,000+." It seems pretty legit and every pic I've seen shows an extremely clean Mustang. My only concern on the blown Stang is the fact that the guy did all the tuning himself. I've seen good and bad things come from that....

Dusten

Established Member
that lx has a lot of power for that t5, and stock block. the stock block likes to crack around 450-500 rwhp, and the T5 is weak sauce.
**** that gt. with that many miles, it has to be a rattly piece of shit. i had an 85 with 305K and it was terrible. And yes, it was 305K Family owner car that i watched roll over every time

Last edited:

Bionik_P

Established Member
Here's two vids of the Lx.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d76PdCI4F6k]YouTube - P1020424[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKRioRSVt0]YouTube - P1020422[/ame]

gmonie6

Established Member
30K Possible

I got a red GT convt with just over 31,000 miles on it. Heck I even have the original wheels in my garage. Modded many different ways over the years. Currently I removed the KB. Its all Natural but no where near stock.

Dusten

Established Member
if you have an extra 1500, the LX isnt a bad idea. because you can put a TKO500 or 600 in it and stop worrying about the trans. A supercharged HCI mustang is very close to the limits of the stock block, and that would have me worried every time i hammered down. with any sort of traction, a stock T5 is known to tear third gear apart with a hard shift, even at near stock power.

Take the GT for a drive, if it drives nice, than i wouldnt worry. most of the wear items have been replaced.

Dusten

Established Member
yes, that Gforce trans is plenty stout. You'll probably want to get some more streetable wheels, but that is minor.

jfsram

Established Member
the first one has 350k miles on it.. for 8grand? no go on that

In a normal daily driver used type of car. Of course the lower mileage, especially that much difference. I'd go for the lower mileage one.

In this case it's modified version, probably raced and abused often. It was built for it. VS A highly driven, normal driving and obviously well cared for.

Personally I'd chose the speedier one but stock well cared for cars generally have a better future than someone's ex racer.

Users who are viewing this thread