Whatever you do............

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Stay away from Sunnyvale Ford! After shopping around for quite a while I found a 2009 GT500, red w/white stripes, all options including the shaker 1000. The salesman and I negotiated over the phone several times, the agreed upon final price was $46,000 and he stated he was tossing in a $375 car cover originally requested for a buyer who backed out when the car arrived.

The only caveat was the left front wheel was scratched in transit and needed to be replaced. It would not be available for pick up until three days later. I asked if the car could be held if I provided a credit card - he stated no; I would need to come in and sign a contract to hold the car. Now, I should say - this is not my first car purchase. I've owned two Lightnings, two Cobras and a Bullitt; which is why I have been here since 2000. My wife is a finance director and has worked for Ford, Chevy and Toyota stores all over the Valley here in CA. I realize every dealer is different so when he refused to hold the car without a contract I wasn't that surprised.

We drove to Sunnyvale that evening, and after chit-chatting and inspecting the car we had to wait a bit longer to get in front of their finance manager. Suddenly our salesman comes back with the sales manager who now tells us they cannot let the car go for $46,00000 - we will need to pony up an additional $1,800.00

They continue to harp that we are getting an 09 for a great price with a free car cover. After a bit of negotiating, they agreed to split the difference, now asking for $900.00 more all the while pushing that free car cover. Just so we would not lose the car to another buyer - we signed but refused to put down any money or to sign a credit application.

We left and drove the two hours back home with only one thought in mind - finding a better deal and never looking back; since one of the items we asked for and received was the original invoice on the car. It clearly showed the "free" car cover as a line item with its suggested price being $375.00 and the invoice price was $326.00 In other words; not only was it not free - they were charging me the full price!

Anyway, fast forward 24 hours. I called James the GM for Future Ford in Clovis, CA who sold me the exact same car (with black stripes), cash price = $45,490.00 and agreed to order a car cover at his parts cost. BTW - The car was in the showroom of their Santa Rosa store so James trailered the car at no cost to me, another nice touch since it was not a dealer trade.

So - If you know someone who really wants a GT500 or any of the performance packages such as an SGT, P51, Roush or Saleen, call Future Ford and ask for their GM. And stay away from the gouging, backstabbing and just plain lying staff at Sunnyvale Ford.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
you should drive over there with the new GT500 and tell him to check out this thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread