Whatdaya Think? Diesel?

micksnip

Established Member
No, not a diesel-powered termie, but whatdaya think of the new Ford trucks with the Twin Turbo Diesel engine?
Definately keepin the biatchin' cobra, but I'm thinkin of sellin my DD, a 95 lifted, freshly-painted, mint Bronco and getting a Ford truck. Looking at a standard cab F-250 4x4 pickup truck with the new twin turbo diesel engine. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the engine? Have twin turbo diesel engines been around in any other configuration or truck thus far? I read :read: a few reviews, and everyone liked th 650 ft lbs of torque. Anl comments or opinions, let's hear them. Are they kool:coolman: , or would I be a fool:loser: ????????????

Micksnip

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
I havent heard of too many problems with the new 6.4. The 6.0 was plagued with problems from day one, apparently we got lucky and got a good one. They sound like they are set up well and just remember you will have the
100K warranty on the motor.

micksnip

Established Member
great-100k mile warranty! are there any reasonable dealers out there, or just go in with your e-bay quote and take it from there? Any 0% financing deals going on, or are they just for the 07's?

Micksnip

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
reasonable dealers...ha ha.Seriously there are some low financing offers right now go to fordvehicles.com and you can see the exact ones and there is also some cash back on the 08's too.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
micksnip said:
great-100k mile warranty! are there any reasonable dealers out there, or just go in with your e-bay quote and take it from there? Any 0% financing deals going on, or are they just for the 07's?

Micksnip

Yeah, thank god for the 100k mile factory warranty on the motor. I stretched the head studs and lifted the heads on mine with just over 36k miles. I probably should not of run my truck at 80+mph towing my 10k trailer with a chip. Its currently at the dealer getting ARP head studs installed under warranty.:)

Ford is currently offering 0% financing AND a $2007 rebate on all 2007 SD trucks. Problem is there are not many left on the lots besides plain white utility trucks.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Love my 7.3 diesel. I plan on getting a 6.4 twin turbo in a couple of years. I always buy used. The model I want w/ options would be about $40K. I figure in 2 years I'll be able to find one w/ 30K miles on it for around $32-33K.

BTW I would recomend a supercab at a minimum, especially since you have had the extra inside storage space all along. After having a regular cab and a super cab I'll never go regular again. As a matter of fact the next one is crew cab.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Other than shooting flames out of the exhaust I haven't heard of any problems with them. The clean diesel has not killed the new diesels like everyone had thought.

micksnip

Established Member
huh?

Great info folks. Pls. keep it coming. I don't understand "Clean diesels vs new diesels" comment, though. Can someone explain? I understand that the TT diesel doesn't belch :xpl: black smoke out the bact:xpl: :xpl: esp. .

mICKSNIP

04yellowcobra

Established Member
all 08s and newer are clean diesels, they have to actually pass emissions now.

Whats wrong with a little black smoke? I don't think the clean diesels will ever make the power that the old ones are ... cummins for example are capable of 1000 rwtq without to much effort.

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
I had the turbo diesel F250 and I loved it. I drove the TT Diesel a few months back and WOW. There's no turbo lag from the previous years. That was my main complaint on the older TD's. I wish I had the money.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Here's another plus. Diesel is consistently cheaper than gas.

Oh, and TT FTMFW.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i have a f350 turbo diesel and lovin it...thing runs like a beaty especially with a tune from JLP. i have no compalaints what so ever...and i trailer my car with it...feels like i have nothing in the back.

jobsi

Established Member
my friend just picked up an 08 f-350 they do not offer the 100k warranty anymore just the standard warranty but the truck is great you dont even here the diesel and it rides great it has a ton of power feels like you can rip down a house he has had it for 6months and no problems.on the downside they have no motor tunning air filters or exhaust for this truck I guess everything is still in development stage since it is the new emission motor

Wiseguy

Established Member
Tuner's and air filters are available, i can give you some part numbers if you want...

I would wait a year it see how they hold up and if recalls or TSB's are issued.

The 6.0 diesel created some loyal Ford fans and also some disloyal.

Wiseguy

Established Member
Superchip #1808 programmer

Airaid cold air #400-214

AFE cold Air # 54-31262

The superchip was released not to long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread