Whatcha guys think of the new COG Setup From RPMoutlet

VinSVT

Established Member
Heres a link for those of you that have not seen it yet: http://rpmoutlet.com/03cobracog.htm

Im thinking about picking up on this. Im not sure how many of you saw the video that was posted awhile back.. But it was a video with this system installed on an 03 cobra. Man.. was it mean. It has a nice whine/whistle at idle. Guess you could call it a very "Loud" setup.

I know a lot of people will probably post here talking about problems from RPMoutlet but Ive used their pulley/idler combo for nearly 8 months now and have yet to have one problem.

There is not a price yet.. but depending on what you have already its gonna be somewhere around $700-900.

Whatcha guys think? Just looking for some input before going this way...

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/download/rpmcog.wmv

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
For that kind of Money Id rather get the Metco X-10 setup. Much higher quality, much less possible problems

VinSVT

Established Member
I called George at RPMoutlet and asked him and this setup will be for sale at the end of this week and prices will be on the website.

VinSVT

Established Member
FLYIN said:
Motoblue Sucks!

I already knew that was going to be said.. but anyways... Like I said.. Ive been using Motoblue products for nearly 8 months now and have yet to have one problem. I still stand by them.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It's not even worth the money. Most people are not having any slipping issues at this point anyway, especially if you have a larger lower. The Eaton just looses boost, it's a fact of life.

VinSVT

Established Member
sambandit said:
It's not even worth the money. Most people are not having any slipping issues at this point anyway, especially if you have a larger lower. The Eaton just looses boost, it's a fact of life.

Im not having much of a slipping problem.. Just looks like a pretty good solid setup.. also sounds pretty cool.

Im going with Ported Blower/TB/Plenum next anyways.. much better for the money.

WDW MKR

Established Member
I think the bigger issue is going to be with added stress to the crank, which only has one key on our cars. Also, despite your limited success with Motoblue products, it would still be a good idea to steer clear of them. If someone runs the cogged setup successfully, for 10k+ miles, I'd consider it. Otherwise, the previously mentioned Metco X-10 setup is a better alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread