What yo guy think about this?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
The intercooler has problems with leaking on 99/00 models. Ford used to upgrade the intercooler under the blower with the 01 and up models. IMO find a late 02 or 03 model that is leftover because the threads for the spark plugs have been addressed. 8 threads vs. only 4. Plus you get Bilsteins, 3.73 gears crystal headlights/taillamps, 90 mm mass air, and nicer rims imo.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by venomous
The intercooler has problems with leaking on 99/00 models. Ford used to upgrade the intercooler under the blower with the 01 and up models. IMO find a late 02 or 03 model that is leftover because the threads for the spark plugs have been addressed. 8 threads vs. only 4. Plus you get Bilsteins, 3.73 gears crystal headlights/taillamps, 90 mm mass air, and nicer rims imo.

Very well said. :thumbsup:

USMCracing

Established Member
Thanks guys, I've heard of most of those problems like the intercooler and spark plug threads on the heads. I saw that the guy that owns the 99 L post on here. He hasn't emailed me yet. What is the diff in the 01 and 02/03L? Thanks

USMCracing

Established Member
The guy (Ross) emailed me he is asking 17k. Would it be worth i to trade my 96 Cobra for his L? He said it ran a 12.58@108mph at FFW last weekend.

Steven

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Tempting deal, my friend.....but be careful what you wish for.

That L is a '99 with 74k-plus miles on it.....extended warranties are 5-year deals. Doing the numbers, he did more than the average yearly mileage on the engine & drivetrain, and admits it is a modded track vehicle....if you buy, the extended warranty doesn't cover past 60k miles....figure 10% depreciation per year from MSRP to get your price on a truck in great condition.

Like one of the previous posters said, don't bother with the plug-blowers produced prior to the '02 models. I waited until the '03 model came out because of the recall problems.

The auction doesn't have any bids yet, and that is a hint right there because of the mileage alone.:nono:

Save your money because the '02's and up are there, you just have to be patient....don't buy his problems even if the urge for boost is talkin' in your ear....my $.02:thumbsup:

USMCracing

Established Member
I'm not going to get it. He doesn't want another car payment so he didn't want to trade. My wife wasn't to happy with it either. Maybe sometime next year I'll try and get a 02,03,04 L. Thanks for the input guys.

Steven

Users who are viewing this thread