What ya guys think?

Taunto

Established Member
Got the Valve Covers off the truck and started painting them.. just got to let the clear coat dry and slap em on the truck...

3408399102_23b6a877f4.jpg

3408398556_841e7f9154.jpg

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
I see a few misses but hit them with some more true blue and and shoot some clear and they would look killer

Taunto

Established Member
Ya I hear ya silvieBolt that was after the 2nd coat. I just finished em today. did a total of 4 coats and 2 coats of clear. I got my paint from a local paint store that can make it.. I just give em the color name and Paint code and takes em about an hour per 1 spray can... and its done. Pretty pricey tho.. costed me 50 bucks for 2 cans.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
i dont think white would hold up very well, would look good at first but then turn very dirty i would think. my brother did his before and they were white. looked very bad

Taunto

Established Member
i agree kinda with z28Eater... they would look real nice at first but the only problem with them being white is that you would see every spec of dirt on them. maybe try a silver or something that might look good. Im thinking of in the summer of pulling the timing chain cover off the front of the engine and painting that.. dont got time to do that right now before my tune tho.. Thanxs for the input guys, I figured True Blue valve covers would be different so i tried it.. Now i need your guys help here

Should I paint my stage 3 ported eaton that im installing Silver, and the Mid Plate Black.. My new C&L plenum is gonna be black as well... so it would be like Blk,silver,black.. think that would look ok? or not so much? just need an input Before saturday...

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Looks good. :thumbsup:

Just remember that you do not see much of the work that you put into them.

With all of this work done to my covers,
DSCN3813.jpg

DSCN3814.jpg

This is all that you see in the engine compartment, and this is with the hood off and more light getting in.

DSCN4138.jpg

As for mixing up a bunch of different colors try to limit it to two different main colors. Black and Blue, Silver and Blue, whatever.

3 colors or more starts to get confusing since so many different things grabbing your eyes attention. That is why I powder coated everything that I possibly could a black crackle finish to match the Whipple.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Prep is one of the biggest factors in how well the paint adheres to the plastic.

Mine is just regular exterior paint and so far, I have had no issues. Over time I would not have a clue.

Users who are viewing this thread