What X Pipe

BOC

Established Member
I have a Magnaflow Catback on my 99, what would be the best O/R Xpipe to go with for power and sound. What about the prochamber I've heard of good power gains, why is it soo much cheaper than the others?

stock svt

Modular Doctor
Established Member
Magnaflow or Bassani. Mainly for craftsmanship and fitment. They are both great. i sell alot of Magnaflow mainly because I get a really good price but like I said they are both good.

Greg

blk96SVT

Established Member
Dr Gas is the best x-pipe you can get. Its to bad it comes in a million and one pieces and isnt SS or else I would get the Dr. gas. Winters in the midwest suck with all the road salt.

kaos

Established Member
i wish i could have installed my dr gas, but since i needed it with cats, the 5 locations i took my car to said they couldn't do it for me. they said it was impossible. i even took it one of the only shops locally that can mandrel bend pipes and he got close but then he complained that the pipes dr gas sent would fit on the stock headers. The whole time he tried to sell me his own custom designed xpipe that was supposed to be a million times better than anyone else. Whatever. I gave up, feeling dejected and abused, I returned the dr. gas xpipe and settled for the magnaflow x. It comes with good cats and it's cheap. I've been happy with it, but I still wonder what could have been.

moonltgold

There's a guy in Germany on another board (maybe ModularFords.com and goes by the name of Naz I think) and he swapped out his Dr. Gas X for the SLP X and says he picked up a few hp on the dyno. I don't know much about SLP products but it might be worth looking into.

Moonlt
Mag X and cb

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
i wish i could have installed my dr gas, but since i needed it with cats, the 5 locations i took my car to said they couldn't do it for me. they said it was impossible. i even took it one of the only shops locally that can mandrel bend pipes and he got close but then he complained that the pipes dr gas sent would fit on the stock headers. The whole time he tried to sell me his own custom designed xpipe that was supposed to be a million times better than anyone else. Whatever. I gave up, feeling dejected and abused, I returned the dr. gas xpipe and settled for the magnaflow x. It comes with good cats and it's cheap. I've been happy with it, but I still wonder what could have been.
do you still have your dr.gas?? Mine isn't in the greatest of shape.

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
do you still have your dr.gas?? Mine isn't in the greatest of shape.

Nope, I returned it. It was too much of a chore to get installed.

What's wrong with yours? Is it the quality and it's already breaking down?

Booya

Established Member
I had a Bassani X on my 99 GT and it magnified the 2k RPM drone of my Flowmasters so bad that I thought of takng it off... Anybody else experienced this? Would the Magnaflow X possibly drone less? My Cobra's exhaust is stock except for flowmasters and a larger diameter inlet pipe. I need an xpipe...

moonltgold

I had Flows and the fact of the matter is you will have the drone no matter what you do. It's the mufflers. I changed to Mag X with cats, and Mag CB with Bassani baffle inserts, and drone went away. Plus, I picked up 10 rwhp SAE over the Flow setup based on my dyno. If you had a 3.5" tips like the Bassani or Magnaflow, I would recommend the baffles -- they cut drone, cut some volume, and no hp loss.

mcobra01

Established Member
I just installed the dr gas o/r i think its to loud coupled to my spintech mufflers. I've had the bassani x w/cats and the dr gas did give me more hp. now i cant get traction going into second gear which before i would just break them loose with the bassani x. its just too loud anybody want to buy it, pm me ?

32VHEMIJR

Established Member
Hey mauricio. I wouldnt get rid of the dr. gas if I were you. Just sell the spintechs and get some magnaflow mufflers on there. Its very quiet at cruising speed, even more quiet than stock. At about 3600 rpm, this unreal sound starts coming out of it. Nothing like it.:burnout:

mcobra01

Established Member
Now, i'm thinking of keeping it. love the power from it its just to damn loud. Brent, come on over so i can hear how your car sounds?

Originally posted by stock svt
Magnaflow or Bassani. Mainly for craftsmanship and fitment. They are both great. i sell alot of Magnaflow mainly because I get a really good price but like I said they are both good.

Greg

ive heard the same....im actually in the market for a magnaflow xpipe w/ cats, the gains from the magnaflow are also impressive with their catback

Users who are viewing this thread