What would your next mod be?

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
I have the mods below, and am planning on a new clutch (McLeod RXT) and MGW shifter. But I need some other ideas.

Winter bonus is coming soon, and my car is 4 years old. Needs a little refreshing...I was thinking either a ford racing suspension or heat exchanger & radiator.

Other Long term plans are two piece front rotors, svt pp wheels.

Any suggestions on the order???

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
My RXT is way better feeling than the stock clutch. It also can take a beating. If you still have the 3.31, go for the 3.73. I would invest in great tires. My recent mods are for 1/4 mile improvements. I would also call Van at Reven Racing.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Pass on the SVT PP wheels....use the FRPP wheels instead. You can use 19x10 on all four corners or just 10" on front and widen the rears.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I would go HE and radiator before anything else. I can only imagine how much timing that whipple is pulling when you get on it. Time to call Van, and feel all that power in the Texas heat.

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
Funny that this has came up since I own a bone stock Virgin 08. I want to do so much to the car but I keep changing my mind! Want a Whipple for sure

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
what for? what are your goals power wise and street wise?

I want turbo because you can change boost, inside of your car with an electronic boost controller while you are driving. With an electronic boost controller you can do boost by speed or gears. Like in 1st gear you don't get traction with 700hp I can turn down the boost on the streets to get traction and when I shift to 2nd I can set up the boost controller to be at a higher horsepower.
Also another benefit is I can switch back and forth boost levels with e85 and pump gas and I would not have to go through the trouble of changing pulleys.
My power goal is 1000hp on race gas 800-900 hp on e85 and 700 hp on pump.

jcveron

Established Member
lag? look at thebull. hes got a 6 speed that has 1200hp that runs 9s at 155+ traps. with an auto he will hit 8s. but a TS car you can hit 9s at 140+ traps. wouldnt the lag bother you? even if you did boost by gear you wouldnt have instant boost like a TS. my .02

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
lag? look at thebull. hes got a 6 speed that has 1200hp that runs 9s at 155+ traps. with an auto he will hit 8s. but a TS car you can hit 9s at 140+ traps. wouldnt the lag bother you? even if you did boost by gear you wouldnt have instant boost like a TS. my .02

With the right turbo combo I wont have to worry about lag. They have efficient ball bearing turbos and hybrid turbos that flow more than 1000hp efficiently. Then there is compound boost if you are wanting instant torque on lowend with no lag.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I want to add a FRPP TVS with 2.6" pulley, fuel system upgrades, a larger CAI, and updated tune from Jon Lund. That should put me at the 750 rwhp area, and then I am done.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Also with the GT500 when you get a turbo kit you are opened to way much more turbo options than there are twin screws out there. It's just about finding the right turbo for your application.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I have the mods below, and am planning on a new clutch (McLeod RXT) and MGW shifter. But I need some other ideas.

Winter bonus is coming soon, and my car is 4 years old. Needs a little refreshing...I was thinking either a ford racing suspension or heat exchanger & radiator.

Other Long term plans are two piece front rotors, svt pp wheels.

Any suggestions on the order???

IMO... The H/E + Rad was one of the best mods I've done! That and the 3:73's

Call Van for some insight... Money well spent:beer:

jcveron

Established Member
I guess i am just no too sure about the TT route because im so ignorant to them. i dont not know too much about them and have never ridden in a TTGT500

Users who are viewing this thread