What would you rather have?

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
Well Im in dire need of a new toy and have decided between 3 vehicles in my budget range.

the list goes as follows.

best representations of the sy and cy

1. 98 chrome yellow or BAB cobra

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. 94-95 svt cobra 5.0
cobrassr001.jpg

3. 91 gmc syclone
Sy16-2.jpg

6-1-2010019.jpg

if i go with with either cobra i would eventually like to go with a single turbo set up witch i can work into my budget.

I have always wanted a syclone and i know what im getting myself into if i choose to go that route.

all in all i guess i really dont care what any of you think but im board and thought i would post up to see what kind of reactions i get.

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I gotta go with the Cobra, up to you depending on whether you like mod motors or windsor motors.

I know a guy who had a Syclone a few years back. He didn't hold onto it long, which is prolly good cuz fixing it would have bankrupted him with the way he drove. Fun ride but almost NOBODY knows what they are and they aren't good for much other that strong launches.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Tough call.. I love all the options.. If it were me, I'd prob. go with the 94/95 cobra.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
That yellow Cobra really looks great.
But the Turbo AWD truck is a lot of fun too. Their are incredible 0 to 60 but you would have to do some work on it for it to 1/4 mile like a Cobra (03).

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Just me, but I would go Syclone, 94-95 cobra, 98 cobra in that order. Tough call though.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I vote syclone just because they are so rare.

"Output was 280 hp (209 kW) and 350 lb·ft (475 N·m).[1] The Syclone, when new, was capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds and could do a quarter-mile run in 13.4 seconds at 98 mph (158 km/h).Car & Driver tested the Syclone and it ran 0-30 in 1.3 seconds with a 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, the 1/4 mile was 13.06. Car & Driver said it was able to accelerate faster than a Porsche 959, ZR-1 Corvette, Dodge Viper, or Lamborghini Diablo.

In 1991 Syclones were available in black only. 1992 models were to be offered in a wider range of colors before they were canceled. 2995 Syclones were built in 1991, and 3 in 1992. 113 (estimated 31 returned) were reported as Export Sales including a subset now referred to as the Saudi Syclones — a small number were delivered to Saudi Arabia and modified with a metric dash cluster, leaded fuel chip, and a resonator in place of the catalytic converter."

M3xpress

Established Member
I don't like yellow on anything, but that Cobra looks good.

I'd say a nice Cobra, up in the air about the year for me. A cyclone as clean as what you posted might be cool too though.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
cyclone man, thats just something you dont see everyday and plus how fun would that truck be doing AWD launches with a big turbo under the hood

Jroc

Established Member
I would go with one of the Mustangs. Why is because I don't buy GM produces as I am a Ford guy. If I were to buy a GM product it would be a late model 4th Gen. Probably a WS6.

Sy/Ty's are some bad little mofo's though, but I have no personal experience with them. I just hope that GM upgraded the steering rack from the regular S-10/Sonoma's.

97cobra1

Established Member
A friend of mine had a bigger turbo Typhoon. It literally broke seat brackets a few times on launches.

Ran around town in it one night when he borrowed my bike. NOBODY knows what it is, and when it rips front bumpers off people dunno what to say.

I think his was somewhere around 350-370whp and over 400tq.

But its been a few years since he had it so i don't remember exactly.

Jroc

Established Member
A friend of mine had a bigger turbo Typhoon. It literally broke seat brackets a few times on launches.

Ran around town in it one night when he borrowed my bike. NOBODY knows what it is, and when it rips front bumpers off people dunno what to say.

I think his was somewhere around 350-370whp and over 400tq.

But its been a few years since he had it so i don't remember exactly.

Hmmmm..... That GM build quality for you. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread