What would you pay?

jay38372

Established Member
To all the ladies and gents out there, I've been eyeing this car for a while its not the color I'm looking for but I'm willing to over look it and does not have the stripes which does not bother me, what it does have is everything else i'm looking for BUT its a used car. I've read several threads and i'm not sure what a used gt500 would fetch with this many miles on it so i thought i'd reach out and ask for advice on what a fair offer would be to make. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Oh i'm not good with all the copy and paste deal with computers but did add a link, if it does not work the car is on autotrader.com and is a used silver gt500 with 365 miles on it. Thanks Jay

AutoTrader.com[FORD[MUST[]][]]&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=56285012&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2013&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=26&searchRadius=0&listingId=333869162&Log=0

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I would pay 3-4k under MSRP for NEW, and 5-7k under MSRP for USED with under 1500 miles for a 100% stock car. Thats my value system. ;)

VaporDude

Established Member
I guess either you bought it or they sold it.

This car is no longer listed for sale.

The Seller has removed this ad from the site. Keep searching! We update our listings constantly, so we are sure you'll find similar cars.

jay38372

Established Member
Damn, I just emailed the guy this morning on shipping and interest rates.OK just checked car is still listed.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Current data shows that low mileage (under 5k mile) 13 GT500s are selling within 2-4% of MSRP. There is a very small sampling size- however.

If the car is $60k MSRP- anything more than $57k-$58k is too much at this point.

Although- I have seen a few "fire sales" go for cheaper

jay38372

Established Member
It is fully decked out with silver being my second choice of color, shaker pro doesn't bother me, but it seems like its being sold at msrp with all the options I want on it, just got an email from the dealer telling me even though my credit score is close to 800 that ford motor credit would finance me above 2.9% with a$15-$20k down payment, plus side is they "said" they would ship the car in a enclosed trailer at no charge.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It is fully decked out with silver being my second choice of color, shaker pro doesn't bother me, but it seems like its being sold at msrp with all the options I want on it, just got an email from the dealer telling me even though my credit score is close to 800 that ford motor credit would finance me above 2.9% with a$15-$20k down payment, plus side is they "said" they would ship the car in a enclosed trailer at no charge.

Well- the enclosed trailer part is really worth something- if you'd ship it anyways.

I'd shoot for 2-4k off MSRP. Then go to penfed.org and get yourself a loan for 1.49% ;)

SVTKen

Established Member
I would pay 3-4k under MSRP for NEW, and 5-7k under MSRP for USED with under 1500 miles for a 100% stock car. Thats my value system. ;)

Have you actually spent any amount of time shopping for a GT500? When I was searching back in October, every dealer in my area wanted over MSRP, and even the Autotrader ads that listed them for MSRP wanted more. Where did you find new for $4K under and where do you see used ones selling for $7K under? Only few members here have gotten deals like that. Unless you have first-hand experience, you should not comment in this discussion. If you actually did search and find one for the price you describe, then congrats.

Superhawk2002

Established Member

I don't have an 800 credit score and I got a 6 yr loan with $1,500 down (the deposit I used to order the car) at just under 3.0% interest through Citizen's Bank. The dealer did the financing after I had issues with PenFed.

Shop around and you can find a good rate.

SVTKen

Established Member
I would say if you can get exactly what you want for MSRP or better, it's a decent deal. If you're not picky about color and options, you have more flexibility because there are more cars to choose from and you can get a better deal and possibly get a new one for a few thousand under MSRP if you are very lucky, willing to travel and/or pay a delivery fee. Some dealers will cover the delivery fee, and that is your discount. I called over 20 dealers and spent hours/weeks on Autotrader. The cheapest I found was a few hundred under MSRP, and they wouldn't budge on price. They basically said they would discount the car by the amount of the car cover (about $400, I believe). I changed my mind about the car because of the stripe color and because I would have had to travel to get it. A local dealer sold me their allocation (halloween) and I got exactly what I wanted. That's more important to me than saving a few thousand dollars and continuing to search.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
365 miles? thats new in my book. unless it was 1/4 mile at a time! Aim for below MSRP. If they don't budge keep looking and find one in your first color choice.

jay38372

Established Member
According to the selling dealer, the original owner traded it for a Porsche. Dilemma for me is do I offer and buy this one for say $65k or go to the local dealer and pay say $69k for a 2014 model year one the way I want it. Either way I'd be happy but sgm with black stripes is my first color of choice followed by ingot silver.what to do, what to do lol.

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, the only one? How could you possibly know that no one else has paid 3 or 4 grand below MSRP for a new '13 GT500?

I don't.. How could I? But there isn't a lot of chatter about people paying that amount under MSRP. It is fairly rare to get out the door under MSRP if what is posted on these forums is accurate. I paid about $1500 under. What's your story?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Well- not the only one- but one of a few :D

Congrats! I'd say you're in a very select group. Would you say that you got such a great deal because you conduct a lot of business with a particular dealer? Or do you have Jedi-like negotiating skills, lol....

I'd guess that DADZ500 got a similar deal, but I'm speculating. I was futunate to meet him this past Summer and amazed to see 3 BOSSs along with a Shelby in his garage.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I wouldn't pay this much for anything that wasn't EXACTLY what I wanted. I wouldn't compromise on anything. Also, I don't like these cars without stripes.

SVTKen

Established Member
According to the selling dealer, the original owner traded it for a Porsche. Dilemma for me is do I offer and buy this one for say $65k or go to the local dealer and pay say $69k for a 2014 model year one the way I want it. Either way I'd be happy but sgm with black stripes is my first color of choice followed by ingot silver.what to do, what to do lol.

I would recommend you try to find exactly what you want and expand your search radius. How much of a hurry are you in to get the Shelby? How often do you purchase a new car? The extra $4K on a car this expensive to begin with is really not much, especially if you plan to keep it for a while. I buy one about every 5 years, so a one model year difference has little impact on resale value after daily driving and enjoying it for so long. I wouldn't want to have to live with my second choice for that long. I think if my search had to continue for several more weeks, I may have settled and purchased one that was missing an option I wanted or maybe wasn't the exact color I wanted (DIB with matte black stripes). I really didn't want to settle, but I was going nuts obsessively checking auotrader and cars.com on a regular basis. I became very frustrated, especially when I found something that would have been perfect if it just had that one option (or stripe color) that was missing. The problem is that all of the cars I was finding had white stripes, which I didn't want, and/or were missing something I really wanted or had something I absolutely didn't want.

To add insult to injury, most of them had $5K to $15K ADMs on cars that weren't optioned the way I wanted, but several of the dealers were ready to sell at MSRP or slightly less after a week or less while most of the dealers were uninterested in selling without the markup. All local dealers wouldn't budge on the ADM for their in stock cars, and all but one local dealer wanted a markup on an order/allocation. I was willing to travel a great distance or have the car delivered, but couldn't find what I was looking for in stock at any dealer in the country. I had found a couple cars that met my criteria (but still would have been a compromise because at least one option I really wanted was missing), but in each case they were already spoken for and had buyers who ordered them. That's the misleading thing about Autotrader and cars.com. It looks like there are lots of Shelbys available, but many have already been sold, have deposits on them (allocation orders), or haven't even been built yet. After you take into consideration the different body style coupe vs convertible and all the different color/stripe/option combinations available, it's like finding the proverbial "needle in a haystack" for such a limited production car. Until I experienced this search difficulty myself, I never understood why anyone would order a car. Now I know why, and that is exactly why I ordered mine! When it shows up at the dealer early next year, it will be exactly what I wanted, which is the way it should be for a new car purchase.

Good luck in your search and try to be patient.

Last edited:

662HP631TQ

Established Member
I don't.. How could I? But there isn't a lot of chatter about people paying that amount under MSRP. It is fairly rare to get out the door under MSRP if what is posted on these forums is accurate. I paid about $1500 under. What's your story?

I paid $2200.00 under going through the Military Sales AAFES GT500/Boss Lottery. I put my name in the hat for the opportunity to by below MSRP. They drew my name (I never thought I'd actually get the opportuniry, nor did any of my 15 coworkers who also put their names in.) and I rant into the problem of trying to get financing with terrible credit (happy to report back that my credit is a lot better now, IT is now 775 from 640 and I had been working on it for about 6 years!) The Military car sales lady got me financed through M&T bank at 3.29% the best auto loan rate I've ever been given! It isn't the AWESOME rates others are getting but with a 640 credit rating at the time of offer it was pretty outstanding. So now I wait for my car!! I pick it up the 23rd of Decemebr Merry Christmas!!!

To the OP, I don't know much about the pricing of these cars on the used market, but I'd say that this is a lot of money to shell out on a compromise. I'd guess if you HAD to, then maybe try for $1,000.00 under MSRP?

Just a gues and good luck either way.

Users who are viewing this thread