What would you pay?

bandit_48032

Established Member
So, I finally sold my 2000 Firebird Formula and this 96 Mustang GT has really been catching my eye.

I stopped and looked at it the other day and I just can't stop thinking about hopping into a sweet Stang! :rolling:

Anyways....here is the question....

It's a 1996 Mustang GT coupe, Red, black leather interior, 5 speed, 103,450 miles, and he's asking $5,200 for it.

I have noticed a couple cosmetic flaws and this is why I'm questioning the price, I don't expect a perfect car for it being a 96, but there is a small chuck out of the bottom of the driver side headlight (about half the size of a pen cap) a little bit of spider cracking in the paint on the back bumper, and there are 3 or 4 paint chips around the rear tire well, and two or 3 dime size chips in the paint around various spots of the car, as well as a small amount of peeling in the clear coat around the side skirting of the vehicle.

He has a NADA print off in the front window of the car saying the cars blue book value is $5,900 but KBB says the value of this car in "good" condition is $4,475 and excellent being $4,925

I looked under the car and it's fairly clean for being a michigan vehicle.....and it appears that it has no aftermarket exhaust on the car (mufflers or mid pipe)

I would rate the interior 8 out of 10....everything is perfect besides a little bit of wear in the leather seats.

What would you guys pay for this car?

(wish I could offer pictures of the car...but my digital camera hates me)

Last edited:

MattP 343

Established Member
Well there are a few things that you might want to consider 1. Being that the performance difference between your Formula firebird and the NonPI GT is going to be pretty severe. Not to mention it has quite a few miles on it...But with all of that said I would prolly offer 4500 or something and see if he gives you a counter offer

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
4500, cars like that are a dime a dozen due to age and miles. I never buy according to strong book value. If you had the cash for not much more you could step into a 96 cobra for not all that much more money. Seen some 7500 dollar 100k mile 96's running around.

bandit_48032

Established Member
I realize that the power difference is gonna be drastic,...I have just been wanting to jump into a mustang ever sense I fell in love with the blue oval when the 03/04 cobra's came out.

As of right now I would just like to have something sporty to drive in for the summers, until I'm through with college, and have started my career. Then I'll be looking into a nice cobra! :coolman:

bandit_48032

Established Member
MattP 343 said:
Okay but just for the record their power stats are not much better than the 99-04 V6s (Not tryin to piss off any 96-98 GTs)

ya, I know it's a huge difference. If I do buy the car, or a different 96-98 for the time being....I'll probably just put headers and a catback on it, then just put a mean gear in it. At least a mean gear will give me the illusion that it's pretty quick.

but like I said before, I'm just looking for something sporty utntil I eventually get a nice cobra down the road, and that way I can keep the cobra's miles down by having another stang to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread