What would you pay for an X-pipe that...

Dino S.

Established Member
had catalytic converters, but under WOT switched to straight through (bypass cats) automatically. It would be high quality materials and electronics, weight only slightly more than a catted X-pipe, and you would have the legality as well as the no-cat scream and pull when you mash on the loud pedal.

What do y'all think?

fubu795

Banned
I'd pay $400-500 no problem. My buddy with an 03 has BBK longtubes and he custom CNC made cutouts right before the X-pipe. All he does is a press a button on his dash and WALA, open headers. Pretty cool.

The idea your talking about sounds awesome!

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
As long as the cats were high flow and less likely to clog then the stock ones I would go $400-500 as well.

Dino S.

Established Member
TTT - Also, if you aren't interested, or think its a dumb idea or whatever, post and tell me why.

tv's 03

Established Member
I am not interested only because I can get away with running a o/r pipe anyway. But I think the idea of the best of both worlds sounds good. But if we are only talking about 5 hp over a full time high flow catted version, I doubt people will be willing to pay a lot of $$ extra for a little gain

Seems perfect for the california folks that have to pass a visual

Users who are viewing this thread