What Would You Like To See?

americansteel

Banned
450 hp doesn't seem so farfetched. A 30 hp bump between generations seems pretty good. But honestly, I'd be happy if they kept the power the same. The weight saving alone would make a huge difference. If they manage to take 400 lbs out of this car, it would weigh less than the Corvette. And I happen to like the new Corvette. I just wish they made it faster than the outgoing one.

in order for the 5.0 to make 450hp and 475hp look how high it has to rev.
even when you add a tune the engine will rev higher to make "claimed" number this is why ford wont be doing such a thing for the 5.0. the 5.8l with its 48 extra cubic inches it can make that 475hp with relative ease at a much more street able RPM, Mach1 and Cobra..

Blackdevil77

Established Member
in order for the 5.0 to make 450hp and 475hp look how high it has to rev.
even when you add a tune the engine will rev higher to make "claimed" number this is why ford wont be doing such a thing for the 5.0. the 5.8l with its 48 extra cubic inches it can make that 475hp with relative ease at a much more street able RPM, Mach1 and Cobra..

So playing with the cams, flow of the heads, timing etc won't be able to make this engine approach 450hp at "streetable" rpms? I doubt 475 is happening in a GT. 445hp seems like a nice number :)

americansteel

Banned
So playing with the cams, flow of the heads, timing etc won't be able to make this engine approach 450hp at "streetable" rpms? I doubt 475 is happening in a GT. 445hp seems like a nice number :)

why in the first place would ford play with the factory cylinder head when they already flow a huge amount of air? when you write cams you're referring to camshaft grinds that are considered to be radical for street use! the factory set up is at around 6600rPM this is what ford looks at for a N/A street driven V8 powered car that is to be mass produced and most street driven cars don't see 6500RPM. if you want 450/475 buy a used boss mustang if you want more buy the GT500. you add cams to the 5.0l you push the peak power at higher RPM ford is not in business to make cars that are high revvers. the current engine is not getting any gains, it will better suited for the 3200 pound S550 that is about to come out. you want a 450HP plus V8? wait until the 5.8l Mach1 and cobra's come out. cubic inch displacement also has a lot to do with how much power and what rpm level the engine makes it at.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
why in the first place would ford play with the factory cylinder head when they already flow a huge amount of air? when you write cams you're referring to camshaft grinds that are considered to be radical for street use! the factory set up is at around 6600rPM this is what ford looks at for a N/A street driven V8 powered car that is to be mass produced and most street driven cars don't see 6500RPM. if you want 450/475 buy a used boss mustang if you want more buy the GT500. you add cams to the 5.0l you push the peak power at higher RPM ford is not in business to make cars that are high revvers. the current engine is not getting any gains, it will better suited for the 3200 pound S550 that is about to come out. you want a 450HP plus V8? wait until the 5.8l Mach1 and cobra's come out. cubic inch displacement also has a lot to do with how much power and what rpm level the engine makes it at.

I see. Thanks for the information. I did not know these engines came so aggressive from factory. Even if power stayed the same, I wouldn't complain. Like you said, with the weight loss, there should be a substantial performance increase anyway. I have been schooled :read:

mtrsprt

Established Member
Love the pipe dreams and exaggerated hopes... At least 400lbs weight cut? Not happening.
Id be happy to see an HONEST 300lbs... The car will be no more than 6-7" shorter if you minus any "over hang".

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Love the pipe dreams and exaggerated hopes... At least 400lbs weight cut? Not happening.
Id be happy to see an HONEST 300lbs... The car will be no more than 6-7" shorter if you minus any "over hang".

300 lbs is substantial also, I think. 400 lbs is the number that's being throw around and if that's true, that would be great!

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
Unfortunately the kind of muscle car we want will not exist unless we do the modding ourselves.. They want it appealing to the general public to max out sells. There are a large group of gear heads that purchase these cars... but a larger group of average joes that want an affordable, comfortable car to DD, and still have luxury options...

americansteel

Banned
I see. Thanks for the information. I did not know these engines came so aggressive from factory. Even if power stayed the same, I wouldn't complain. Like you said, with the weight loss, there should be a substantial performance increase anyway. I have been schooled :read:
yeah man! the rumor about a 450-475HP mustang might be the 5.8l option in the mach1 and cobra but I wasn't told exact numbers or even if the 5.8l will be available in the GT alone. I can ask someone that I know at ford.

Unfortunately the kind of muscle car we want will not exist unless we do the modding ourselves.. They want it appealing to the general public to max out sells. There are a large group of gear heads that purchase these cars... but a larger group of average joes that want an affordable, comfortable car to DD, and still have luxury options...
jmoore112 the muscle car I want is actually not a mustang but something like a galaxie or a fairlane if has to be a mustang I want 16" wheels fat tires a V8 that is actually bigger than the 5.0l. ditch the stupid black plastics stop with the massive rocker panels that makes the car look bloated and fix that rear end. I want the mustang to not look like a fusion or any other cars that ford has that resembles each other. but unfortunately us performance guys and gals don't have options we don't have variety. if people want luxury items buy a Lincoln or the high model taraus, luxury items need not be in the mustang.

americansteel

Banned

sorry bud but 400 pounds is coming off the mustang.
2 1/2" off each side and 6 1/2" front and back= 13 inches in length is coming off. final numbers.
engine bay will retain the same look as current mustang platform.

Users who are viewing this thread