What would you guys like to see Fabricated for the 00' R's?

MeNmySN95

Established Member
My friend who is an amazing fabricator, welder and a car nut and I have decided to do some interesting custom fabrication work for the 00' R's starting tomorrow..

So far we are going to make:

Longtubes & X-pipe (with stock K member) & Full exhaust (keeping side exits) All Stainless & Tig'd
Front strut tower brace / SS / Tig'd
Full-length subframes (same as other cobras I know, but we're gonna do something a little different) ;)
Rear strut tower brace / SS / Tig'd)
IRS Braces
Aluminum IRS Mounts
Intake

What else would you guys like to see? Also, what other interests would there be in having anything made like this?

10985573_10153096986849289_2278338667146199083_n.jpg

flattrack53

Established Member
I would buy long tubes and a carless x-pipe for the stock k-member depending on price and quality.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
As I stated in the other thread I am interested in headers with an x-pipe. However I have the Kenny Brown k-member. There are other members that have different front k-members and are interested in headers. I am not sure what the differences in space requirements are for the stock vs aftermarket k-member. If headers fit the stock k-member will it fit an aftermarket k-member?
Gary.

MeNmySN95

Established Member
Usually A/M K members provide more room than the OE one, so, if it fits the OE K member, I do not see why they wouldnt fit with the KB?

I didnt get a chance to move the car today, as it is rainy and wet - im on Hoosier slicks and no wipers lol

Supposed to be clear tomorrow, so once its ready I will be posting progress pics. Here are some pics of my buddy's welding fo an example of the weld quality. (he has 11 Master Welder Certifications)

15946_102589836577618_360807036_n.jpg
481537_102590113244257_587146024_n.jpg
1499597_391929664310299_8218811351243396112_n.jpg

Established Member
Once saw a Mallet corvette at the silver state race with a whole cage welded like that A good weld is art

T.R.I Cobra

Established Member
I would also be interested in long tubes headers and x-pipe for the stock k member. I would like to see the other items your in the process of making and would definitely consider them. As for other items I would like to get another run of Andy's carbon fiber splitter.
Tom

MeNmySN95

Established Member
He said thank you guys lol.

This summer I will be building a TT kit for it w/ forward facing manifolds ect. Im not sure if there are too many other people interested in anything like this.

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
yea subframes that work with side exhaust, long tubes, and interested in a intake once i see it done!

MeNmySN95

Established Member
Long tubes will be last, of course since it will take the longest. First thing is the intake (easiest), then subframes, then strut bar, IRS bushings Im also making new low-slung side bars for my cage as I have a triple spinal fusion and cant get over normal side-bars (and Gene kept the old ones anyways).

Should we do all V-Band clamps? or should we do a slip-on with the springs? That do you guys think?

flattrack53

Established Member
Triple spinal fusion??? I bet they gave you a cool tattoo. Chicks love scars as long as it isn't on the face.

What are you doing for the intake set up? I have the FTBR set up currently.

MeNmySN95

Established Member
Not really much to the intake, in all honesty. Almost done with it. Will shoot pics tomorrow. I spent most the day removing all this useless and incomplete communications equipment from the interior. Ordered all the SS for the LT's today! Laser cut brackets for strut tower will be here tomorrow as well.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Also interested in lt's/off road x. I'm plannimg on building a 5.4 dohc with R heads/intake and these would solve my exhaust problems.

Users who are viewing this thread