What would you guys do?

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Hey guys, this is my first post here and was wondering what you guys would do. I have a bassani x pipe and flowmaster catback on my car now but I really want the borla stingers. My car is currently getting 4.10 gears put in it and I don't know if I should stick with the flowmasters for now and buy other things like a short throw shifter, lowering springs, and an intake or just buy the borlas. So I'm interested to see what answers I get.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I assume you are talking about a Cobra? If you are looking to stay simple Bolt-ons then a Cold Air Intake(Induction) Kit-(CAI) with a new tune is probably a decent way to go to start.

Have exhaust already and gears...Consider underdrive pullies(UDPs) if you do not forsee a SuperCharger(S/C) or Turbo in the future...UDPs free up HP the engine uses to turn them.

Aluminum Flywheel and Aluminum drive shaft also free up HP

More ambitious and expense ways to go are ported intake, New CAMS, Ported heads.

I would keep the exhaust if you like the sound..If not sell flowmasters and get Borlas...totally your call

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Yea sorry it's a 99 cobra. I do like the sound of the flowmasters but my problem is I welded them so I don't think they'll sell as easy that way. I do plan on getting the intake and other simple bolt ons like you said, I'm just curious to see what other people would do first.

Users who are viewing this thread