What would you do

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member
If you had a 100,000 dollars and no job?

Would you go to school?

Would you start a business ?

Stocks?

Just curious on people's opinions with this economy , being 21 with no college degree makes job hunting a bit hard. So what would you do ?

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVY7qDjrPZk"]Team America - Freedom isn't free - YouTube[/nomedia]

But seriously though, I'd get a trade under my belt while working part time if you could swing that. Something like welding, electrician etc. That's going to have a quicker financial return then a 4 yr college. Then after you score a decent job, 50-60k a yr. I'd knock out my degree. Jobs in the oil industry pay...Big. I just turned 30 & I made 120k this year, no degree, no bs. I'm knocking out my degree as we speak.

I would definitely invest a good portion of that, if not all of it but not on your own. I'd use a brokerage firm like fidelity, td waterhouse etc...

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Best investment is in yourself, highest rate of return. Start-up business's are to risky, the stock market is way to volatile at this time, that leaves education.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Just curious on people's opinions with this economy , being 21 with no college degree makes job hunting a bit hard. So what would you do ?

You're full of excuses is the problem.

I'm 24 and don't even have a high school diploma. I have no problem working, and at 21 had no problem finding a job.

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member
You're full of excuses is the problem.

I'm 24 and don't even have a high school diploma. I have no problem working, and at 21 had no problem finding a job.

Lol I'm 21 own two houses and a loaded escalade. I'm not a bum. Just wanted some career advice is all and to see what people would do. Ya I can get a 8-11 $/hr job but I'm not in a situation where I need to.

I seen a lot of successfull people on here and I'm just wondering if people would go to school or what not ect ect..

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Lol I'm 21 own two houses and a loaded escalade. I'm not a bum. Just wanted some career advice is all and to see what people would do. Ya I can get a 8-11 $/hr job but I'm not in a situation where I need to.

If you own 2 houses and an escalade at 21, why are you on here asking for help?

You're doing something right you would think.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
If you own 2 houses and an escalade at 21, why are you on here asking for help?

You're doing something right you would think.

Or someone is on his behalf....

You're leaving a large piece of the puzzle out here. Did u make that 100k yourself? Do you have a large inheritance or something?

Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
You have to look at risks here... Starting a small business in this economy is almost guaranteed to fail. Plus, 100k isn't a whole bunch when you look at what it would cost to start something like that from the ground up.

Education in one form or another is your best bet. What did you do to make 60k a year? Use that experience!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Change screen name first to patriotsfan4lif3!
Then I would find some stocks that have nice returns/dividends to invest in long term.

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member
You have to look at risks here... Starting a small business in this economy is almost guaranteed to fail. Plus, 100k isn't a whole bunch when you look at what it would cost to start something like that from the ground up.

Education in one form or another is your best bet. What did you do to make 60k a year? Use that experience!

I was working at a resort on a island off the coast of Florida . I did a lot of golf,cart work and guest services ( helping people with there stay, carried luggage , helped in the front office ) nothing special just paid well

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member
Change screen name first to patriotsfan4lif3!
Then I would find some stocks that have nice returns/dividends to invest in long term.

Lmao , one year well win the division.

And ya I don't know much about stocks but the thought has floated around to start looking into it

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I was working at a resort on a island off the coast of Florida . I did a lot of golf,cart work and guest services ( helping people with there stay, carried luggage , helped in the front office ) nothing special just paid well

Yeah, go to school buddy. Think long term.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Look into investments and franchising. Open up a "Tilted Kilt" ...... great place to eat. lol
and, go PATS!

Last edited:

Last

Established Member
If I was you, I would learn a trade. Either that, or sell both the houses and move to Texas to become a rancher.

Users who are viewing this thread