what would you do?

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
Basically, I may be doing a build soon. Right now I'm looking at two different options. The first is an MMR 5.4 monster mod block in an 01 cobra. I would also have a Vortech blower. I would also build up the suspension. The next option and the one I'm leaning toward is a (I know totally opposite) 68 camaro with a Nelson Racing Engine N/A 572. It would have around 800 hp to the crank and 950 ft lbs torque. I think that the camaro route would be harder and more expensive but there is nothing that can replace that old car sound and torque. A 5.4 can never be (blown or not) as much fun as a 9.4 (572). What would you do? This will be a long process and I want to make the right decision before I get into it. Thanks

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I'm personally very tired of seeing those camaros all done up.

EVERYTHING's been done to them. At car shows I walk right by cause you seen em all before.....

JMO.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I'm personally very tired of seeing those camaros all done up.

EVERYTHING's been done to them. At car shows I walk right by cause you seen em all before.....

JMO.

:lol:

Right, because nobody ever mods a mustang... :rollseyes

If anything, I think you have it backwards.

I say go with whatever you're more interested in. Either setup would be cool.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
Im not sure how the camaro would be more expensive. THose mods motors are ridiculously expensive to build. If you want to do something a lil different go with the camaro and twin turbos.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
:lol:

Right, because nobody ever mods a mustang... :rollseyes

If anything, I think you have it backwards.

Yeah, I suppose. I guess I was just thiking "car show" type build.

which of those, home built modern mustangs are few and far between.

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
Im not sure how the camaro would be more expensive. THose mods motors are ridiculously expensive to build. If you want to do something a lil different go with the camaro and twin turbos.

really? I had always thought that mod motors were cheaper because with the camaro I would probably have to build the transmission and suspension to handle the big block.

Users who are viewing this thread