What would you do?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Well if you put $10,000 into your 96 you won't get it out but you won't have any payments either. I prefer the 94 -98 body style over the New Edge but have a great respect for the 03/04 drive train and as you mentioned some financing and no mods for a year. If I was in your shoes I'd move up to a newer Cobra.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Keep your car AND the money.

A lot of people are going to tell you this. It's the smart thing to do. It's not the fun thing to do though...

If you are intent on spending the money on a car, I would go for the 03/04. It will keep you happier for longer. It might be a bit until you can really start mods but it will be more comfortable, more reliable, and better looking for years to come. You might dump that 10k into your current car and end up wanting the 03/04 shortly after anyway - and there goes 10k down the toilet.

That 10k will get you a faster car for now but the 03/04 will be the better choice come a year or two down the road.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
If you want it now, you'll probably still want it after putting the money in what you have. That's why it took me a year to actually get the car I have - I was very picky about color and options. It had to be a certain way, because I'm only doing this once. Until I graduate, that is.

shhak

Established Member
My opinion.... which is worth very little to most people. LOL! is sell the 96, put that money down on an 03/04 and finance the rest. Then take your $10k that you have "socked away" and mod away!!!

Sure, it's not the most responsible thing to do but neither is doing 140 on a 55 mph highway.

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
Well as much as I am sick of people flocking to the flavor of the month 03/04 I think its the best deal over all..

Heres why.. My brother has a 98 KB Cobra that blew up this summer.. He rebuilt his motor to all forged ($7,000), upgraded to a Vortech T-trim blower ($6,000), and got some misc. power adders ($3,000)..

So now he has $16,000 into his car that 'should' make about 600 WHP when its done in about 2-3 weeks.. But, it doesn't stop there.. Now he has to look into upgrading his transmission which is gonna be about another $3,000..

So, sell your car.. Get an 03/04 and spend less than $1,000 to upgrade it to 450 WHP..

Common

Established Member
Pretty much 50/50....lol. Ive planned on a Terminator before I even bought the 96. At the time I couldnt afford to drop 30k, so I settled on an older one. I swap out cars so often, I get tired of losing money. People heard me say it a thousand times..."Im gonna keep this one and make it a mean mother"....But the more I see 03/04, I want one.

Screw it, Im gettin one when I move in January. The hunt is on! Its just money.

You only live once.< Don't let that saying ruin your financial future however.

Users who are viewing this thread