What would you do?

01s281

Established Member
Lately my best friend has been acting really shady. He has been spoiled all his life and mommy and daddy just bought him a $33,000 wakeboarding boat. Within a week of having it he bought a couple grand worth or stereo equipment. I have 2 years install experience and he asked me to do it. Well I said yes being that he is my best friend and I would hope he would help me out if I needed something. So I did the whole thing, 2 amps, 8 speakers, deck, build a box for sub, install tower speaker box,etc. One of the amps was a eclipse 4-channel that was mine and we agreed that he would pay me 100 for it. I got it at cost and was willing to sell it to him for less than what I paid for it. So 2 months go by and no payment. Finally I said I want my money within a week, that was 2 weeks ago. Since then he has spent money on window tint, numerous lake trips, and other shit. Now he wont answer my phone calls or give me my money. I dont know what I should do. It really pisses me off since I did the install FREE, that alone saved him like 1000 bucks. I guess he really as good of friend than I thought, but I want my money.

Sunman

Established Member
01s281 said:
Lately my best friend has been acting really shady. He has been spoiled all his life and mommy and daddy just bought him a $33,000 wakeboarding boat. Within a week of having it he bought a couple grand worth or stereo equipment. I have 2 years install experience and he asked me to do it. Well I said yes being that he is my best friend and I would hope he would help me out if I needed something. So I did the whole thing, 2 amps, 8 speakers, deck, build a box for sub, install tower speaker box,etc. One of the amps was a eclipse 4-channel that was mine and we agreed that he would pay me 100 for it. I got it at cost and was willing to sell it to him for less than what I paid for it. So 2 months go by and no payment. Finally I said I want my money within a week, that was 2 weeks ago. Since then he has spent money on window tint, numerous lake trips, and other shit. Now he wont answer my phone calls or give me my money. I dont know what I should do. It really pisses me off since I did the install FREE, that alone saved him like 1000 bucks. I guess he really as good of friend than I thought, but I want my money.

Break his knee caps is what you oughta do. Or get a lawyer or something lol

01s281

Established Member
Haha ya then I would be in jail. It has gotten to the point where even if it was 10 dollars I would not let it go. Its the point that he is being such a punk about it.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Sunman said:
Break his knee caps is what you oughta do. Or get a lawyer or something lol

find a hitman...

o just go to his house and have mom pay the bill, no big deal :-D

bp03svt

Established Member
Screw calling him, go to his house and tell him what you just told all of us. Let him know how much money you saved him by installing it for him and selling him an amp for a whole lot less than what it's worth. Tell him he needs to give you your money or else. If he doesn't give it to you, take your amp back.

01s281

Established Member
He keeps his boat in his garage...he finally called me back and gave me shit about bugging him. I almost lost it. I gave him till 8 tonite or else I am coming up to get my amp.

bp03svt

Established Member
If he gives you anymore shit about giving you your amp or your money, you really need to beat his f@#king ass. He sounds like he really doesn't care if you're his friend or not, as long as he gets what he wants. He needs his ass kicked. :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom:

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Call small claims court/magistrate court in your county or town and see what it takes to file. They will serve papers on him and make him pay all court costs to get you your money. Just make sure you can produce receipts for the amp and give a detail abou the hours and material that went into the install. It might help to get another company to give you a written estimate about what they charge to do the work.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Consider it a slightly expensive lesson in friendship.

He is interested in things, what people can give or do for him, and little else.

Leave him behind.

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
01s281 said:

I have a rule about lending money:

I will NEVER give anyone money unless I truly expect to never get it back - I don't "lend" money, only give it. But I am resolved to help those in need. This may mean saying "no" sometimes but it also keeps me from holding any grudges if I never get my money back. A friend will understand if you have to say no.

I also apply this principle to services performed for a friend or family member.

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
samill2 said:
I have a rule about lending money:

I will NEVER give anyone money unless I truly expect to never get it back - I don't "lend" money, only give it. But I am resolved to help those in need. This may mean saying "no" sometimes but it also keeps me from holding any grudges if I never get my money back. A friend will understand if you have to say no.

I also apply this principle to services performed for a friend or family member.

Same here, if I got the money or stuff to spare I'll just give it if somebody wants it.

01s281

Established Member
I guess it is a lesson learned then. I thought I could trust him to pay it back without being a dick. He finally dropped it off at like 12:30 pm last night so he wouldnt have to talk to me, I heard his truck pull up..what a b**ch. I now know what type of person he really is.

Users who are viewing this thread