What would you do?

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
So, just an update. I brought the car out in the sun today. Whoa, a lot more scratches than I thought were left. Not happy at all. I was doing this in a single car garage with what I thought was adequate lightning.

It seems as though the m205 "cleaned" the paint, this was very very apparent on the front and rear bumpers, they look much brighter. It also seems to have removed very light blemishes in the paint ( what more did I expect ).

So with that said.

I am not satisfied with the current condition. What are some recommendations ? The scratches really seem quite deep, and they are all over. M101 with a white pad?

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
Have you tried the Megs 5" microfiber cutting discs with Megs D300?

That is a very good "least aggressive method" swirl killer combo.
Yes, there are more aggressive products. Work your way up slowly.
Don't do it if you don't need it!

hoamskilet

Established Member
If you're gonna jump to 101 I'd go with a heavier cut pad than white. Microfiber cutting pads work awesome

hoamskilet

Established Member
also as far as lighting goes, the best light i've used by far is a single diode LED light. I've got a setup on a photo stand with two big LED flood bulbs and it blows any other lighting I've used out of the water

kbmag1

Established Member
I second the Meg's MF/D300. Can always add a drop or two Meg's UC for the difficult areas. Been able to finish down nice, but I really like CarPro Reflect for finishing. LSP for white...845 or Opti Seal is a nice WOWA sealant. I've put Opti 2.0 on my daughters cars due the simplicity/durability of upkeep for them.

Users who are viewing this thread