What would you do? Need suggestions.

FIJosh

I want more HP but don't want to hurt the engine. It is bone stock besides shaker and lowering.

acd923b618212b4a7dabc439eac2d13b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
You could put a 4# pulley, a cold air intake and a tune, but personally, I would not start beating on a 61k engine without some serious upgrades. This would also depend on the level of maintenance and upkeep on said engine. Before you do that upgrade to a pulley/tune, make sure the intercooler is clean, the intercooler pump is functioning perfectly, a new fuel filter and a plug change for starters. There are smarter guys than myself who can offer more guidance for you and hopefully, they will chime in.

BTW, these changes will create a domino effect and your pocketbook will suffer immensely, just a friendly warning.

utlong31

Established Member
I second what FirGuy wrote. I have a 2000L with 64,000 and it's a daily driver. You need to make sure everything else is in proper working order before you start throwing more power at it. I learned a few things the hard way. There are lots of threads that will help you out with anything your wanting to do or learn about on your truck. A 4# or a 6# lower pulley would be fine on your truck with a good tune. By the way nice looking truck.
This is a good article with tones of information.
Lightning and HD Modding 101 - Superchargers

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...om/forum/showthread.php?t=353385&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
All the maintenance.
Then, valve body, plugs, 4lb lower, exhaust, reputable tune.

Profit.

The mileage doesn't scare me at all. My truck had 113000 when I went built with a 5lb lower, 2lb upper, and a ported blower.

Users who are viewing this thread