• Call 911

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • Break the window

Votes: 30 43.5%

• Total voters

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
If you were walking in a parking lot and so happen to notice a baby or dog locked inside a car on a HOT day with all the windows up, what would you do?

-Run and try to look for the owners of the car
-Call 911
-Break the window

If it was me, I think I would break the window. The more time you spend looking or waiting for someone, the less chance of the dog or baby surviving has of surviving.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Depends really.

Calling 911 first will be a good idea. Let the police get responding. If the child or even animal looks to be in real distress or not conscious...then I would break the window.

But if they are just hangin out then the police will certainly be there in a jiffy. But I wouldn't want to take much of a chance with stuff like that. Temperature climbs pretty quick in a car in the summer.

franks98_coBra

Established Member
i seen some post on facebook about a guy telling ford motor co to come up with a alarm when the car senses 10lbs or more on any seat in the car... or something like that dont remember details on it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Depends really.

Calling 911 first will be a good idea. Let the police get responding. If the child or even animal looks to be in real distress or not conscious...then I would break the window.

But if they are just hangin out then the police will certainly be there in a jiffy. But I wouldn't want to take much of a chance with stuff like that. Temperature climbs pretty quick in a car in the summer.

This^^

Planter

Banned
If you were walking in a parking lot and so happen to notice a baby or dog locked inside a car on a HOT day with all the windows up, what would you do?

-Run and try to look for the owners of the car
-Call 911
-Break the window

If it was me, I think I would break the window. The more time you spend looking or waiting for someone, the less chance of the dog or baby surviving has of surviving.

i took a first aid class and the first thing they teach you is always call 911 first so you can get help on the way.

THEN you figure what to do to help the situation.

so call 911 first, then bust out a window. you wont have time to look for someone or wait for cops/emt to arrive.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
i seen some post on facebook about a guy telling ford motor co to come up with a alarm when the car senses 10lbs or more on any seat in the car... or something like that dont remember details on it.

people dont pay any attention to car alarms anyway because every little thing sets them off. besides what if someone puts a large crock pot of hot food in the backseat that weighs 10 pounds and makes a stop on the way to a party. or what about tools? or a bowling ball?

dumb idea.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
911 first and foremost. To many idiots having kids and not giving a crap about them.

I was at the doctor on Tuesday. Woman on the right of me asks the woman to my left what she was having. Was it a little girl. She said yes. Woman on right says I'll bet your excited. She said, NO, its just another kid to me. Thats cold. But anything to get another welfare check coming in.

oldmodman

Established Member
Call 911

Then break the window. Even ten minutes at 130 degrees could injure a baby or young child. Their bodies cannot cope with an extremely hot car for even a few minutes. What would just be annoying to an adult could raise a babies brain temperature enough to put them into a coma.

Personally, I would even break the window to get an animal out.

The owner of the car having to pay to repair the window should just be considered the "MORON" tax.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
It's crap like this that makes me lose faith in humanity.

There's been a slew of these incidents in Indiana, public service announcements non-stop (Remember, when you leave your car, ask yourself "where is baby?") and demands to impliment new electronic systems to prevent this from happening.

Is it that hard to remember to not leave your kid in a car? I don't get further than 5 steps before I'd realize I'd forgotten my coffee mug let alone a child.

I suppose it's still not as bad as the woman who got high, went to drive, forgot she left the baby in its carrier on her roof, and had it fly off when she took a turn.

Oh how the stupid people are breeding...

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Depends on the situation. If I spot the baby locked in the car and I see the parent walking away, I'm gonna say "HEY, B!^&%". If the parent isn't around for me to see without moving my feet I will call 911 while approaching the car and attempt to break the driver winder. If someone's with me, I will tell them to call 911 while I do all the breaking

KurtDog

Established Member

What if my beer is in my seat?

NM I would not leave cold beer in a hot car.

Last

Established Member
The first thing the police will do when they show up is break the window and get the baby out of there... So i would break the window, then call 911.

Users who are viewing this thread