what would you change in my setup

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I have bbk longtubes with a bbk high flow cat h-pipe. Magnaflow catback. I wont change the Lt's out but I am def getting rid of the magnaflow mufflers. I would like to run a straight x-pipe with this setup but that makes more work come inspection time. Im just looking to see different opinions on it, no big deal. I know in the end, its all up to me and what I want. I dont care for bbk to be honest but since Lt's are a bitch, i'll just suck it up. Thanks fellas

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
If i go to an x without cats, my car would throw a code right? So come inspection time, I just bolt up my catted midpipe is what you guys recommend?

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
If i go to an x without cats, my car would throw a code right? So come inspection time, I just bolt up my catted midpipe is what you guys recommend?

You could get mil plugs for $60 to deal with your Check Engine light, but come inspection time I'm sure they'd question them if you have a visual inspection. I've suggest swapping back to a catted pipe for the inspection. If you have a handheld tuner i.e. X3 or Predator you can have a tuner turn the rear O2 sensor function off.

stangposse

Established Member
I get a ton of compliments on my Stingers with a Magnaflow catted X and it seems to be louder than many O/R pipes. No issues at emissions/inspection either.

However, my buddy has the same same setup as you and I like it....but he has a Whipple breathing on it so it might sound much different than yours.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I get a ton of compliments on my Stingers with a Magnaflow catted X and it seems to be louder than many O/R pipes. No issues at emissions/inspection either.

However, my buddy has the same same setup as you and I like it....but he has a Whipple breathing on it so it might sound much different than yours.

For some reason, my car doesnt sound like a mustang. That distinct sound is missing and im starting to think that its the h-pipe. Im gonna try a muffler swap soon

SlowSVT

Established Member
The Magnaflow mufflers are straight thru mufflers with no bulkhead type baffles. You will be hard pressed to find a muffler that flows better.

Removing the cats will make the car loud as a rock concert, make the exhaust "stinky" and alert every cop in a 1 mile radius what your up to. The H pipe gives a deeper tone over an X pipe.

I would keep the Magnaflows and H-pipe.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I wish i had more options on an x. I have to run a shorty x with the Lts obviously. I guess I could fab a upr or vrs one though right?

mach1033

Established Member
If your concerned about inspection time and law enforcement then stay with a catted X. It's just not worth the fine or hassle of changing the mid pipe during inspection time. I have Mac LT's with the Lethal catted X pipe and Magnapacks. At idle it has a nice rumble and at WOT it sounds like a race engine which is what I believe you are looking for. A buddy of mine has an off road x pipe with LT's and his is just way to loud for the street. Sounds really good dont get me wrong but he is always worried about getting pulled over.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
If I could change one thing about your exhaust set up, it would be that it would be on my car, and not yours lol.

In reality those magnaflows will sound good with an O/R X, I would try that first and see if you like it!

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
If your concerned about inspection time and law enforcement then stay with a catted X. It's just not worth the fine or hassle of changing the mid pipe during inspection time. I have Mac LT's with the Lethal catted X pipe and Magnapacks. At idle it has a nice rumble and at WOT it sounds like a race engine which is what I believe you are looking for. A buddy of mine has an off road x pipe with LT's and his is just way to loud for the street. Sounds really good dont get me wrong but he is always worried about getting pulled over.

Cops dont care about that in houston. Im glad I dont have to worry about it, if you guys could only hear alot of the cars running around my area! I hear you on the hassle of switching back n forth though

Users who are viewing this thread