What would this car be worth? (66 gt)

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
well i want a project car again, something to work on casually that wont kill me in costs. my dad (parents divorced) took our 66 gt. red, white stripes, vinyl top, rally pack, a code i believe? not the k code and not the base 289, automatic, ac, blah blah..

real clean car when it left, now its been neglected for the past few years. it has a cracked exhaust manifold, needs a head gasket, and maybe more? it has paint damage from overheating when he didnt put water in it.

anyway, it still runs as far as i know. the body is in real good shape, interior in real good shape. the car was appraised for 13k before they split.

what do you guys think this car would be worth as an offer to him? its just sitting at my uncles and going to shit. i think i can pick it up and make it a nice cruise car and restore it.

opinions? foxbody isint working out for me..

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
thanks man, never knew there was a book value for older cars. i never took the time to search though :bash:

looks like low retail is around 6600ish, so with that in mind. think the car is worth more/less then that in its condition? i dont want to rip him off if somethin works out or get ripped..

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
what ever happen to that fox body you were going to get. my car is still forsale you know. so come and get it. i know you want it.lol.

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
yea, you want an 07 civic si and cash then? otherwise im keeping this car, gets good mileage and i dont hate it like my kia lol.

the other fox sold before i could get there. he had like 5 people waiting before me pretty much.

amorrow

Established Member
Is it a coupe, vert, or Fastback? Body style, completeness, and amount of body work needed will be the most deciding factors wrt its value. It's hard to give an estimate based on the information given. Post some more info with pics, and I can help you out a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread