What Would It Take to Beat an LS1 with 150 Shot???

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Well here is california it seems that most camaro guys are running nitrous to be the big dogs. I raced one when I was completely stock and I lost pretty damn bad. I race from a roll 30-130mph. What would I need to be beat a sprayed and bolt on LS1 camaro from a roll? I currently have a 2.93 pulley but I have a 2.80 pulley and diablo chip on order. I also have an x pipe and catback and filter. Will this be enough? I have a nitrous kit hooked up but dont want to use it if I dont need too. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

FINICKY

Established Member
with that set up you have i went 11.7 so that should be enough...allthough with a 150 shot and bolt ons that would put the gm's in about the same range.....maybe longtubes would make the difference

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
I've seen a Heads/Cam/Nitrous LS1 Z28 rip the piss out of a stock '03 Cobra here in Dallas. It was bad to say the least. If the Z is just bolt-ons and 150 shot....I'd say slap on the 2.80 pulley, billetflow idler pulley, chip and the mods you have now and you should be fine. Just make sure you can hook and you should stay with him or edge him out a bit. How good of a driver is this guy?

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Originally posted by SVTVenom
I've seen a Heads/Cam/Nitrous LS1 Z28 rip the piss out of a stock '03 Cobra here in Dallas. It was bad to say the least. If the Z is just bolt-ons and 150 shot....I'd say slap on the 2.80 pulley, billetflow idler pulley, chip and the mods you have now and you should be fine. Just make sure you can hook and you should stay with him or edge him out a bit. How good of a driver is this guy?

well its not necessarily one guy,,,its like 20 of them! I live near sacramento and they are all over the place. I havnt had the balls to race another sprayed LS1 since I lost to one whe I was stock. I would kill myself if I lost to one now that I am modified! I just need to make sure I can take one out when the time comes. :coolman:

Black03COBRA

I know a guy with a SS and 150 shot.

We raced a lot, and i smoked him everytime with my pulley, chip, and exhuast. nothing else at the time.

then when he juiced he pulled about 3-3.5 cars on me. i think if i had the mass air on, tb. and plenum, and esepeically in your case-spray..i think you should be fine.

make sure u get it on vid!! good luck ! :beer:

NastyWS6

Established Member
If it is has a lot of bolt ons and the 150 shot and best yet the guy can drive it won't be easy. With a similar setup no cam just headers or minor BO'sand a 150 shot I ran 11.47 on 7 cylinders. So if you want to guarantee winning chip 2.80 pulley, some DR's on the street and don't miss a shift or it will be all over.

Users who are viewing this thread