What Will Reduce Wheel Hop On 03 Cobra???

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
03CobraEG said:
Was wondering what is something that will reduce wheel hop on my cobra..

Soft side wall tires - Like ET streets, however they are not a radial tire. I've never ever had wheel hop with the ET streets or Slicks - launching anywhere from 5,000 - 5,800. With DR's I still get some wheel hop launching over 3,000 - that's why I went with the Level 5 half-shafts. I've beefed the IRS up too - IRS bushings, subframe bracket, Nick's LCA & Differential bushings, Diff cover brace, along with MM Full length subframes.

If I had to do it all over again - Level 5's(yes they are expensive) or at least Level 2's, Differential Cover brace, MM Full length subframes and call it a day.

Last edited:

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
Ex President said:
I'm assuming it's the wheel hop that kills these things, not necessarily the hp or the hard drops?

Not exactly....I've read here that some guys have broken half shafts without wheel hop....happened when they shifted into second with a good hook...

Asd60303

Lead. Never Follow
Established Member
04SLOBRA1 said:
Also Add A Billetflow Irs Brace- Best Part Dollar For Dollar.

That will not reduce wheel hop at all. It just holds the pumpkin together incase you get wheel hop..basically so you don't blow out the diff.

hurtindude

Banned
03CobraEG said:
Im not trying to do a solid axle swap, just want to reduce wheel hop another way, maybe bushings? or a irs brace??

i have taken the red pill, and done every anti wheel hop mod there is. I still have it, especially when it's cold outside and the tires get cold.

traction is the best cure. no wheel spin = no hop.

if you want to spin your tires on the street, your always going to have a battle against the hop, no matter what you do.

thats why i went w/ a solid. and i know some have said solids can hop too, and this is true, but only if you cheap out on the parts that hold it in place... so don't cheap out on the control arms. Hotchkis all the way... them bad boys are fully boxed steel plate, and come w/ polly bushings.
lakewoods are a good second choice.

Users who are viewing this thread